Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, if I bought my an Opteron 165 off of newegg, what stepping chances are I would get. Would it be worth it to go on ebay and buy a good stepping?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Dude just look in the For Sale Section, someones bound to have an Opty capable of 3.0Ghz. Most of the steppings coming out of online retailers are CCBBE from what Ive seen, but the weeks obviously have varied, their still may be some CCBWE 06s still coming out though

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Usually, CCBBE and CCB1E are the best stepping around for Opty 165/170. Others steepings aren't that great when it comes to hitting 2.8+

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
CCBBE steppings are generally regarded as a better stepping then the CCB1E, the CCB1E tend to run a little hotter then the CCBBE.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I ordered mine off newegg, with CCBBE0616 and 2-3 weeks later, can't get 100% stable past 2.6GHz.

but I'm dumb.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I guess I'll just look around in the For Sale Section for now.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
i think some of the guys were getting some pretty good steppings from newegg on the 165 lately but it would have to be verified by a look around, however i agree with the for sale section it may be beneficial to get one that you know what your getting

although with a 165 i dont for see not reaching atleast 2.7 since even bad steppings can usually do that on air

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just got mine today and ordered it yesterday from Newegg. I got
CCBBE 0615EPMW

good stepping from what i'm reading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts