Overclock.net banner

What Overdrive setting do you use?

• None

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Normal/moderate (aka AMA High or Faster on some monitors)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Extreme/maximum (aka AMA Premium or Fastest on some monitors)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is only for those who game on a display that features an overdrive function.

My curiosity strikes again (my other poll can be found here). I'm curious to see how many people use the highest setting. Interestingly enough, when testing Normal vs Extreme with my XB270HU, typically the reduced motion blur from Extreme mode is more noticeable than the overshoot artifacts, thus I don't find Extreme mode to be terribly offensive with the exception of Fallout 4. I still stick to Normal though since I don't want to suddenly be bothered by some of that inverse ghosting from Extreme mode.

·
Facepalm
9,483 Posts
Inb4 everyone buys an Eizo FS2735 and chooses Extreme....

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I think every monitor is different so the poll is kind of moot, normally "normal" is the setting that is default and also the best setting on most monitors cause its generally tuned to eliminate as much motion blur as possible whilst introducing no overshoot.

Overshoot artifacts are far more annoying to me and noticeable while a little bit of blur isn't as distracting especially when high hz is involved. There are some monitors that have overdrive functions that do very little to make the pixels respond any faster in which case it really doesn't matter what you choose then
tongue.gif

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post

I think every monitor is different so the poll is kind of moot, normally "normal" is the setting that is default and also the best setting on most monitors cause its generally tuned to eliminate as much motion blur as possible whilst introducing no overshoot.

Overshoot artifacts are far more annoying to me and noticeable while a little bit of blur isn't as distracting especially when high hz is involved. There are some monitors that have overdrive functions that do very little to make the pixels respond any faster in which case it really doesn't matter what you choose then
tongue.gif
Every monitor is different although 99% of the time the highest setting does introduce an alarming amount of overshoot (alarming to test equipment at least).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts