Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am looking for a 360mm Rad single phase somthing enough to cool a gtx 2280 and a Northbridge also.

planing to run pump-gpu-nb-rad no res instead ill use a T line

i was thingking about the black ice GT 360 , or the XSPC rs 360 wich one would be best suitable ???

if there are some better ones please mention it, i am looking to run fans at low rpm, but wouldnt mind pumping the speed up while gaming

thanks in advance
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,264 Posts
the best thin 360 rad is the Magicool Elegant (AKA MOD) 360, if that's too expensive look for other magicool rads, they're pretty much equal to the XSPC, so just get whichever is cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
If you want a thin rad get a magicool or swiftech, if you want a high perforamce rad suggest you look into Thermochill and Feser
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,264 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by benfica101
View Post

If you want a thin rad get a magicool or swiftech, if you want a high perforamce rad suggest you look into Thermochill and Feser

the single row magicool Elegant (the copper plated one) actually beats the (dual row) thermochill all across the room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

the single row magicool Elegant (the copper plated one) actually beats the (dual row) thermochill all across the room.

I have never heard of the Magicool, but looking them up at Performance-PCs, they seems to be $40 cheaper than a Thermalchill or Fesser. Why the low cost if they perform so much better? (Just an open question to anyone)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,264 Posts
because its cheaper to produce, its just more efficient. it uses half the material, but instead of pain there's a copper plating, which turns a cunductivity reducing layer into a conductivity enhancing one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DK_mz
View Post

hi all i am looking for a 360mm Rad single phase somthing enough to cool a gtx 2280 and a Northbridge also.

planing to run pump-gpu-nb-rad no res instead ill use a T line

How about a Swiftech MCR320QP-RES? It has a built in reservoir.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
How about a Swiftech MCR320QP-RES? It has a built in reservoir.
a nice suggestion, but a way better performing rad with the same feature is the Magicool Elegant 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually i have a XSPC rx 360, and that is cooling my cpu

the thing is that my NB uses 3/8 tubing thats why i didint put the

NB nb on the same loop as the CPU

so i am going to use a second loop with a slim 360 rad that will fit where the original rad was in my case ( thermaltake kandalf lcs )

i have some converters from 1/2 to //8 so it was going to go as pump>gpu>converter>NB>converter >rad> pump no res and a T-line to input the coolant, but i might get res/pump combo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
I have been doing some reading about the MCR320 & it seems that's a radiator that's been designed for low CFM cooling. That might be your best choice if that's what your looking for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
I have been doing some reading about the MCR320 & it seems that's a radiator that's been designed for low CFM cooling. That might be your best choice if that's what your looking for.
thanks mate
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top