1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

quick question,
i just upgraded from a geforce2 64mb to a 9600pro 256mb

i am not playing graphic intense games like frycry or doom, or whatever else is out there, i pretty much stick to counter strike and day of defeat

i must say, i can't really tell a graphic difference, perhaps it is my untrained eye,

the biggest difference i see is that all my movements are silky

and all the graphics do seem quite crisp

i have the settings correct, and was just wondering if there is something major drastic that i shoud be noticing?

would softmodding to the xt make a big difference?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Nope softmodding won't make a difference, what are the graphical settings set at?? in the vid card setting in windows too. You might want to adjust the D3D more towards quality than quantity?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Go into your console and type fps_max ... If it says 71 or 72 (or any number for that matter... this value is the limit on your FPS while playing), type in fps_max 100 to set it at 100 (100 is the highest in CS and DOD)

Type cl_showfps 1 in console to see your frames per second up in the top left corner.

Go with opengl, you'll get higher FPS. Also, with a better card, you can up your screen resolution and it'd still be perfect. Make sure your colors are on 32 bit.

If you wanna see what that card can do, buy half life 2 through steam. You'll get the source games as well. You would notice a HUGE difference if you would have went from the old card to the new card had you have been playing source.

CS and DOD aren't really graphics intensive... but buy the Half Life 2 bundle and you'll be glad you upgraded your card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts