Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is in the wrong section please let me know, but I felt like it should be here.

Okay so the point is I have $875 laying around. I really dont know what to do with it. I have thought about investing it in my sig rig and possibly buying a new GPU when the new series comes out, but I am pretty happy with what I have.

I have thrown around a few ideas, buy a new iphone, ipad, invest, upgrade my laptop, get my wife something nice...etc.

But nothing really screams at me. Any ideas or "REAL" suggestions...

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
buy another HDD, do raid 0, that will speed things up.

Then buy your wife something she wants, or save it for car repairs, or buy something for the car.

Or save it for Christmas time so you aren't killing yourself come the holidays.

Do something spontaneous for your wife, or mom or something

·
Unregistered User
305 Posts
Give it to me and I'll scream at you.

·
Car cheaper than computer
3,049 Posts
Leather chair.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Another hobby, perhaps? 875 is plenty to get into several hobbies. Paintball, recreational firearms, hobby-grade RC of any variety and scale, bumbling around in a farm with clunkers that are destined for the scrap heap anyways, all sorts of awesome stuff.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler View Post
Nice audio setup
Thanks...so I was thinking of getting an iPad...my wife is always using my laptop and I figure the iPad would be a great way to get her off of it...what is your opinion on it?

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
IPS panel monitor.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Honestly? Save it. You never know when life will throw you a curveball.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
i7 920 + 850W PSU + 4x 9800GTs = Folding Rig

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Do you have a dedicated emergency fund of at least $1000? If not, start one with it. I'v got one and t has come in great when life throws you a $400-$500 punch and your out of cash for the month. Then I can "barrow" from myself and pay myself back over a few months, and mitagating the irritation of the loss. A $500 bill when your out of cash can really ruin your week and get costly if you use credit. A $500 bill diverted to the emergency fund which is refilled over the next 5 months is little more then a minor headache.

Aside from financial peace, the wife will probably see you as Mr. Responsible and you'll win a few brownie points.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts