Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting this rig in a few weeks and i would like to know if anything is bad or if it isnt oc'able, I think the mobo should be changed but i dont wanna pay much more.

Here is config:
WINTEC AMPO 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Thats all that could be a problem. I will have the rest of the stuff but i know the stuff is good.So can anyone suggest if there will be a problem with the core stuff?

TY,
Mr~Anarchie

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
First, are you purchasing this rig in the near future? In parts or in whole?

If you ARE purchasing it in parts, whats your budget and what are you hoping to do with the rig? (overclock, games, both, etc)

First things first...ditch that ram. I have never heard of it, which is usually not a good thing.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Not to be rude or anything, but your rig looks a bit on the cheap side. You processor is a good choice, and you mobo is "ok", but that ram, IDK, it is just not good. If I were you I would save up for a better system.

EDIT: YES your ram=baad

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
If you are really broke, but want good ram, this is the stuff. It is really cheap and it has good reviews. But idk if it is for you or not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im gonna get geil ram instead from a friend. The cpu will be good for me since i am only using a 1.0ghz P3. I was looking to use this sytem for gaming mostly. It would be nice if i can oc this ez.
Thnx for info,
Mr~Anarchie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My budget is around 400$ no need for GFX card at the moment though. I will prolly have a 6600. So 400$ is what i want to spend. Preferably an AMD cpu as that is what i view as better cpu. So can u try to put together a decent comp for gaming but not have a gfx card or ram.

Ty,
Mr~Anarchie

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
ummm.....do you REALLY want to get an ASROCK MOBO? I've never had any good with them, only bad. Had ever one had stability issues then BAM....sparks and overheating and the works....i would fo tieh an ECS elitegroup mobo....good performance and won;t break the bank.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr~Anarchie

My budget is around 400$ no need for GFX card at the moment though. I will prolly have a 6600. So 400$ is what i want to spend. Preferably an AMD cpu as that is what i view as better cpu. So can u try to put together a decent comp for gaming but not have a gfx card or ram.

Ty,
Mr~Anarchie

400 bucks is a good start. What else will be required? Case, psu, motherboard, hard drive, cd rom, etc? Or will you be canibalizing items from your other system?

The more we know, the more we can help

·
Banned
151 Posts
CPU/Mobo--http://www.partspc.com/ProductDetails.asp?CatID=71&ProdID=9648
Mobo--Asus A8N-E
CPU--Athlon 64 3000+
$268.61

RAM--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227220&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=20-227-220
RAM--OCZ Gold Edition 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit
$102.25

Total:
$370.86

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will need a cpu 3200+ preferably, case (not too expensive (under 40)maby come with power supply),no hd we have a good one, cd rom we can "canibalize", we need a decent mobo that supports pci-e with at least 4usb's and thats about it. Thnx for help. If u need more info just post.

Thnx

·
Banned
151 Posts
Here's what I recommended before, but with a case. Only slightly over your $400 budget. If anything is too much $$ or if you need any other parts, post it and I'll try and work out another setup.

Case w/PSU--http://www.3btech.net/siandbllo88c.html
Case--Silver and Blue Longhorn 8869 Case
$45.98 plus shipping

CPU/Mobo--http://www.partspc.com/ProductDetails.asp?CatID=71&ProdID=9648
Mobo--Asus A8N-E
CPU--Athlon 64 3000+
$268.61 including shipping

RAM--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227220&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=20-227-220
RAM--OCZ Gold Edition 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit
$102.25 including shipping

Total:
$416.84

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good. Is that shipping as well? The case is ok.... Not my favorite case but probally best looking one for the price. Later ill get a case from xoxide.com. Why get that cpu from monarch instead of newegg? At newegg it was a tad cheaper. Sounds good and all but i do not need ram. Just cpu,mobo,case,maybe a cheap good hd.

TY for all help so far...
~Anarchie~

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
All items were chosen because of shipped prices. The cpu may have been cheaper at newegg, but monarch was shipping cheaper at the time. I have also had good luck with monarch sending me good steppings in the past (XP-M's, opty, DTR's)

The case was cool in my eyes, newegg has a lot of offer for cases. Xoxide also has good cases, but I have found that newegg has a larger selection of budget cases.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea true about newegg's cases and i have looked at them all and the one u sent was the best there that i have seen budget and eyecandy wise =).
U have been great in help and so has everyone else. Im glad that theses forums are not like the other ones where ppl are hateful and ****y saying that there computers beats everyones, you all give me help instead of crap.. So thnx for all help.

Best Regards,
Mr~Anarchie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.