Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be better than what i have (ati9550 256Mb agpx8)
nvidia 6200 512MB
Ati x550
atix700
or somthing else for £100 tops
i play BF2 all the time and would like to get of med settings
Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,871 Posts
I would have to say a 6600GT ( see pic below for a couple).. The 6800GS in AGP is not worth the money as it differs from the PCI-e version.
If you can find a 9800pro new they would also be a reasonable option for you.

cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,655 Posts
if you can get one in your price range the 6600GT would beat everything on your list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,404 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xie67

I would have to say a 6600GT ( see pic below for a couple).. The 6800GS in AGP is not worth the money as it differs from the PCI-e version.
If you can find a 9800pro new they would also be a reasonable option for you.

cheers

I love my 6600GT, it'd probably play the same on AGP; It's definentally the way to go. Play BF2 on High Settings, CSS on high, and everything runs smoothe.
 

·
Old school
Joined
·
14,394 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by copter100

What would be better than what i have (ati9550 256Mb agpx8)
nvidia 6200 512MB
Ati x550
atix700
or somthing else for £100 tops
i play BF2 all the time and would like to get of med settings
Thanks

See if you can get a Asus N6800XT, I ordered one for 130 euro here.. which should be around 90 pounds. It's cheaper then all the 6600 GT's I've seen and more then 100 euro cheaper then the 6800 GS. Plus you can unlock 4 pipes if ya want, I've seen people do it with this card. Oh and yes I mean the AGP version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have pci would a pci e fit in the slot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
to get medium i agree with the other guys....6600GT....at least. Well its been a looonng time since i posted here...good to be back

No pci slots do NOT support pci-express....pci express requires a new mother which supprts vga pci-e 16x speed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,655 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by copter100

I have pci would a pci e fit in the slot

no, pcie is different than pci. they are not compatable
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top