Overclock.net banner

What should I upgrade first?

461 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  imadude10 
#1 ·
I've been out of the PC gaming scene for a while, and I want to jump back in. I'm not quite sure what I should upgrade first, I was thinking GPU definitely.

Any advice?

#2 ·
id say ur mobo, ram, cpu and gpu need an upgrade prob ur hard drive too if ur gonna be playing and installing lots of games, but if it were me, id go with a vid card first and foremost

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfizz84 View Post
id say ur mobo, ram, cpu and gpu need an upgrade prob ur hard drive too if ur gonna be playing and installing lots of games, but if it were me, id go with a vid card first and foremost
lol, you just recommended he upgrade his entire computer.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 View Post
I think I'll get a 5770 and 4GB of ram.

How will games perform then?
You should see a nice boost in gaming with that 5770. What 4GB or ram do you plan to get?
Also if you didn't know the 5770 has 100% CF scaling in some games/benches

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 View Post
LOL.. you liked your P5N32E?
It had the record OC on dual core for awhile I think.
But anyway, yea it had a couple tweaks, but every board has that.

#14 ·
I agree with everyone else. RAM first. You'll be going to page file while gaming and that's no fun. Then Graphics card.

Unless you plan on making a significant jump soon (new socket that supports DDR3). Then I would just get a new graphics card, then start from the mobo up after you can afford it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.