1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·

13,000 Posts
A beefy new cpu cooler.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont need raid or more space, its been 7 months, and my hd is basically empty.

im not such of an audiophile.
hm.the cpu cooler sounds good, but wouldnt it create alot more noise? my temps on idle are about 38-40, and when on load(gaming) it always stays around 50, is this normaL?
any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
the corsair h50 is quite,and will make it run even cooler.and it will leave you with a couple extra bucks to spend.

·

13,000 Posts
a heatsink with a 120mm fan that only needs to be running @ 1200rpm's at the most is way quieter than your stock heatsink fan.

a beefier cooler will help push up your 940 to higher overclock for more performance if that's your thing at the same time keeps temps lower and be quieter too.

With my cooler in my sig stock clocks (3.4 Ghz) would net me a load of 41'C.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hm. i dont overclock, but the cooler sounds like a wise decision. would i have to buy a fan for the h50?

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweaker123 View Post
hm. i dont overclock, but the cooler sounds like a wise decision. would i have to buy a fan for the h50?
no its all included.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Soundcard, definitely.

I'm not an audiophile either, but a sound card is a must. Some games stutter a lot without a dedicated soundcard. That and the difference in sound is incredible.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but if i get a medium ranged soundcard, dont i need good speakers? i mean i have crappy sony speakers from like 5 years ago(seriously).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This SSD for your Operating system

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Things I would upgrade on your rig:

1. Intel 80GB X-25 G2 SSD (Don't be fooled and get an off-brand SSD because it is cheaper.. this is the best one out there)
2. Sound card w/ new speakers

I know you want to spend your money but I would save my $100 and put it towards #1 or #2. No use in buying something just to buy it if it really isn't going to help you out at all...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Well, I'm running my Xtreme Gamer off of an old 2.1 Sony stereo that's at least two four years old, and I can't go back to onboard. After playing a few songs on the sound card, then switching to onboard, it was too muddy to stand.

I like use my cans sometimes too, though.

EDIT: In fact, the Xtreme Gamer is on sale for $70. If you got that, you'd still have enough money for a pair of HARX700's (You'd have to order from Buy.com or Amazon, though. Newegg doesn't have them). $103 for both.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok im definatly getting a new soundcard, since i really overclock.
so would it be okay, to use my old speakers still?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts