Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm OCing my i7, and since then the graphic card (gtxc 275) is very unstable.

It is set to "auto" in bios before, and I just set it to 100 and will start testing again. But since I don't know what the "auto" means in real life, I cannot be sure that's the problem!

Any software will tell me the PCI-E frequency?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't find PCI-E in PCWizard.

Video card still unstable after setting PCI-E to 100MHz...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Are you sure that is why your card is unstable?

If so, try setting it to 105, or 110. Sometimes there is a "sweet spot".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEntel View Post
Are you sure that is why your card is unstable?

If so, try setting it to 105, or 110. Sometimes there is a "sweet spot".

Of course I'm not sure... But everyone is saying 100MHz. And how does one know "auto" in bios does not stay at 100Mhz?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Here is a guess why it may be unstable: When OCing the i7, it is pulling too much power from the PSU and the GPU isn't getting enough juice.
You don't have an inherently crappy PSU, but you never know.

Does the problem go away when the i7 is at stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
setfsb will tell you. I don't think you will use but too report? Yea it will do.

Your BIOS does not tell you? Whatever.

His bios doesn't tell him what "auto" sets the frequency to.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEntel View Post
His bios doesn't tell him what "auto" sets the frequency to.
I appreciate that I gave an alternative. My suspended disbelief is in no way, helped by your comment. Let me say again. I can't believe your BIOS does not give you Info.


If you feel the need to respond to this post also? Go for it? I mean I don't know?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,865 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by TEntel
View Post

Here is a guess why it may be unstable: When OCing the i7, it is pulling too much power from the PSU and the GPU isn't getting enough juice.
You don't have an inherently crappy PSU, but you never know.

Does the problem go away when the i7 is at stock?


Cosair TX-850, should be more than enough for just one gtx 275, cause I'm gonna run SLi later...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dryadsoul
View Post

Gigabyte motherboard utility called Easytune 6 will give you the PCI-E frequency under advance tab:

http://majorgeeks.com/EasyTune_6_d6118.html

Thank you, should have installed EasyTune all along
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even I don't know the real reason at this stage, but I'm sure that the screen saver Aurora.scr causes instability of my gtx 275 and restart my PC!! And that happens after my i7 is OCed!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

I appreciate that I gave an alternative. My suspended disbelief is in no way, helped by your comment. Let me say again. I can't believe your BIOS does not give you Info.


If you feel the need to respond to this post also? Go for it? I mean I don't know?



...I wasn't trying to offend?
I thought you were asking a question...

Quote:


Originally Posted by totalz
View Post

Cosair TX-850, should be more than enough for just one gtx 275, cause I'm gonna run SLi later...


Tell me I'm not going crazy lol. Did it not previously state that you had an Antec power supply?

That Corsair is a beast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by TEntel
View Post

...I wasn't trying to offend?
I thought you were asking a question...

Tell me I'm not going crazy lol. Did it not previously state that you had an Antec power supply?

That Corsair is a beast.


Antec was another rig...

Corsair HX is a beast, but not TX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
HX is modular PSUs

TX is non-modular

Is there any other difference?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by TEntel
View Post

HX is modular PSUs

TX is non-modular

Is there any other difference?

There are reviews on the web about PSUs, one review tested TX-850 and say the power above 770W isn't "clean"... I bought it because of the price.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top