3,660 Posts
Crucial RealSSD C300.

Cheaper
Faster
More GBs

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Review here. The 64GB variant of the C300 is a lot slower in write than the bigger sizes, and the Sandforce will be a lot better in write than all the C300s.

As for SATA III, currently there isn't a controller that is better than the standard Intel one for all round performance. Basically you get better sequential but poorer random performance (write). Random performance is more important for OS use, unless you are moving big files round a lot.

Given the good all round performance and added features of the Sandforce controller (Durawrite, RAISE), I would go for the G.Skill at that size, certainly for a boot drive.

Edit: You are on an AMD chipset so you have the best current SATA III controller. It is still marginally slower than the Intel though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can't get good info from a poll on here. People will just see sata3 and pick that one. Read up on anandtech, you'll see the sandforce is much better than the C300.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Yeah, I faced a decision between the Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB and the OCZ Vertex 2E 120GB. I chose the latter, despite it not having SATA-III support.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Have you looked at the OCZ RevoDrive PCI-E X4 50GB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts