Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you guys hear that in Norway they will be passing a law makign it illegal to rip music from a CD you own to an MP3 player? It sounds like they want you to not only buy the CD... but also buy the music again in order to use on each device you want to play it on. (no more copying a CD so you can listen to the copy and archive the original.) oh well... guess it's back to illegal Mp3 sharing for the community in the Netherlands... And to think with all the MP3 services out there it was getting affordable to be legal...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
norway and holland (aka netherlands) are 2 different countries

but yes indeed, odd law

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They even said that they will have a nation of lawbreakers as there is no way to enforce it... they'd have to ban MP3 players in the country. you want to know how they could fix this real quick? The recording companies could stop worrying so damned much about their percentage and start making and sellign music FOR THE MUSIC! they could make sooooo much more money if they sold CD's for 4 or 5 bucks... let you download unlimited music for 10 bucks a month... and got millions of people to subscribe... think about it... you get even 10 million people to subscribe that would be 100 million a month or 1.2 billion a year in revenue... and there are ALOT more than 10 million people in the world who would be potential buyers. Think about it... the cable iundustry has been doing it for years... and there is no law against recording the TV for later viewing. I'm getting ready to just get satellite radio and start recording the pure digital downstreams... no law restricts those and I can put it on as many of MY devices as I want so long as I'm not publically re-broadcasting it.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
theres usually a lot of ways to fix a lot of problems... doesnt mean youll be seeing them happen... :/

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
if only there were some decent new music to DL.

Some of the bands I listen to are willing to GIVE their music away and make their living selling tickets to their shows.

Wilco is a good example of a band that released their albumn for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts