Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what thermal paste should i buy? or should i just use AS5? I'm not sure if it will work coz it's 1 year old

·
Registered
298 Posts
AS5 is fine, 1 year doesn't mean anything on it unless something happened to it during that one year. I use IC diamond 7 and it works great.

·
Registered
329 Posts
AS5 should work well. In fact, in this TIM review it scored very near to the top in a field of 80 tested materials. Always take reviews with a grain of salt, but at least now you have something to read through so that you can make the determination on your own.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Note that AS5 has an ~8 day curing period, so don't fret if the temp isn't right where you want it to be immediately after application.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Mx-3 mx-4 or if you want to go on a treasure hunt and maybe pay a bit more some shin etsu x23. All wi have very similar performance, within 2c of eachother if applied properly

·
Flight Sim Enthusiast
322 Posts
This stuff, OCZ Freeze Extreme is among the best there is right now, and it's a lot less of a hassle to use than AS5 if you can find it. But no one seems to be selling it
; I bought some locally at microcenter about 6 months ago , seems no one stocks it any more...

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by enri95 View Post
what thermal paste should i buy? or should i just use AS5? I'm not sure if it will work coz it's 1 year old

The paste in some of my computers are over 15 years old, and the paste is still working, hey if it applies, use it...

It's your cooler that makes the difference..

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I say one of the following:

MX-2 or MX-3 (MX-3 is better)
IC7 (innovation cooling 7 karat diamond compound)
TX-2 or TX-3
OCZ Freeze

1 - 12 of 12 Posts