Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a recent mishap my board broke and now i have a conroe laying around and i dont have enogh money to buy a conroe worthy board do u guys think i should sell it. the reason am asking is becouse i am running the slowest dual core it may be at 3.9 but it is still slower than the stock 6300

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
just wait it out there will be someone parting out or a great ebay deal or an upgrade and magically a inexpensive conroe board will appear. i mean that is a great proc its def worth keepin

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
have your tried RMAing your board?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no becouse the board did not fry or any thing i just had the case on the floor open and my subwoofer fell in and broak it i was suprised nothing fried but my psu turned of cuz it has that surge protection crap

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
so what broke on it?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i d k if i wanna sell it just yet becouse am not gonna get one cheaper but if i cant get mula enogh to buy a board in a few days al sell it but as for now am looking for a cheap ocing board

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax View Post
It snapped.

Ill buy your chip.
ohh and another thing is i had it running on the ecs board the $50 one it has no problem getting my 805 to 4.0 but the conroe it did i oced my friends tho and we got it to 3.5 on 1.37v core but as for this chip i dont know the oc capability

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nvm they say its un stable, but i was thinking of going for a intel chip set do i have to go p965 or 975 can i go 945 cuz i really want 3.0ghz

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138037

here its a 104$ price plus i think 5$ for shipping, it doesnt have raid and i cant say i like its layout alot but it does oc like crazy, right now my 6400 is doing jsut as good as my p5b d just without any of the crashes i was experiencing

if you can get the extra 10 bucks i would go for it

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
with the biostar you have alot of voltage everywhere except the vdimm, there is a easy volt modd for that that i did in like half an hour and the best thing is you dont need to solder to your mobo, you use a jumper and one of the little 3 or 4 prong fan connectors and a 10kohm variable resister, i can walk you thru that its really easy because stock the voltage for the ram only goes to 2.2 (2.15 actual) but the board can handle some high fsb, and if you have any more questions about its ability ask thepook, hes got one and a couple more around here have them

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
ok heres the vmod i used except i used a 10kohm resister which worked fine and instead of the jumper that connects to the fan ground i used one of the actuall fan plugs i jsut removed the other 2 wires from it and soldered that to the vresister
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=29

and check out this thread if you want some more info and where i got this from, also there is a pencil mod for the vdimm but i have allways hated penscil mods myself

http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...t-results.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts