Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM surprised my computer iss till unnning now as my cpu is at 70 degrees adn it usually restarts or goes on stand by i had the same prob with my video card i have 1 outtake fan adn one fan on what i think is my cpu. I have an amd xp 2800 and I am not overclocking as i cant anyway and was wondering what fan or cooling system i should get i dont want to spend a fortune as im selling it soon so i just want it so that it works any suggestions would be great thanks.

Edit my cpu fan is goin at about 750-760 rpm.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nugget
IM surprised my computer iss till unnning now as my cpu is at 70 degrees adn it usually restarts or goes on stand by i had the same prob with my video card i have 1 outtake fan adn one fan on what i think is my cpu. I have an amd xp 2800 and I am not overclocking as i cant anyway and was wondering what fan or cooling system i should get i dont want to spend a fortune as im selling it soon so i just want it so that it works any suggestions would be great thanks.
If you want it really cool then get a Thermaltake XP120 with a Delta 190CFM fan (will cost about £50 or $80). 70C is quite high. I think you should get some better cooling or just get some Artic Silver 5.

Edit: Wow now thats a slow fan, mine is like 3000rpm. You wont get much CFM out of that.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
your problem is the slow rpm. is it the stock cooler? maybe your psu is not giving it enough power. if you have a hsf where you can exchange the fan then replace it and see if it makes any diference.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but i dont know wat hsf is adn i bought my computer from the USA so apparently the warrenty dosent work here so i was wondering if i could just buy like a 20 buk fan and use that till i sell this and get my new one?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
"i have 1 outtake fan adn one fan on what i think is my cpu."

wow, dude please read up in the general section guides, im sure one explains what your computer parts are. Comps are easy, all you have to do is read. Good luck have fun.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nugget

Edit my cpu fan is goin at about 750-760 rpm.
what are you using to check your temps, some programs arent always accurate and as for my board it wont work with mbm5 properly it says it always at 64 when actually it around 40

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
When you open the side of your computerTheres a Square block with a fan on it. That is your heat sink. the fan on it should be blowing toward the heat sink.
That heatsink is cliped onto the Motherboard. Stuck between the motherboard and the heatsink is the 2800 processor.
Unclip the heat sink carefully from the motherboard. there will either be a grey tape on the heat sink or a gooey material. clean all that off with Alcohol.

Now buy some new thermal paste (gooey stuff) Get "Artic silver 5" and apply correctly. Then reattach your heat sink.

Trust me this sounds harder than it is. My guess is you may not be getting good contact between the processor and the heatsink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts