Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Yes
1,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Go to the supermarket and look at their prepared food.

You can probably get 2 pieces of chicken a side and a drink for that.

Or half a rotisserie chicken. Or a sandwich and some juice.

Red bull, cake and funyuns? Ouch.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
80 packs of ramen?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
If I had just eight dollars to spend, then I would probably either get 6-7 White Castles, or perhaps 3 plain Wendy's Classic Singles (I used to get just two back when they had chicken strips), or perhaps I'd go to the grocery store and try to build a meal that way.

Speaking of going to the grocery store, $8.00 might be able to get you a Home Run Inn pizza from the frozen department. I've tried nearly every brand of pizza from my local grocery store, and so far the Home Run Inn is the best one, and I highly recommend it. Here's their site just in case you're interested:

http://www.homeruninn.com/frozen/classic/varieties/

I linked to the Classic variety because that's what our local stores carry.
I'm particularly fond of the plain Cheese and the Pepperoni. But I like the Pepperoni more than I like the Cheese.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can buy quite a bit of food at the store for 8 dollars. I like to do 10 or less meals to show my sister how easy it is to cook and make good food on the cheap.

I personally am not normally a meat eater. Most of the stuff I cook has no meat what so ever in it. Currently I'm on doctors orders to eat meat. If you go the store, you can get all sorts of organic veggies for cheap.

Get a few veggies (I like peppers, and onions mainly), get a bottle of Italian dressing, get a thing of pork chops (you can get these pretty cheap, there's no bones, and you can get organic ones as well), get what ever cheese you like. Cut your veggies up, put them in a pan, put Italian dressing in with them, enough to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Put it in the oven at 450*F for fifteen minutes. Put your meat in, put your cheese on top of it, cook it for another fifteen minutes. You veggies should be pretty cooked on the edges, the meat will be perfectly cook clear through. This normally will feed two people and a baby pretty easily.

Also, depending on what your grocery store is like (some carry more organic and "fancy" foods), you may be able to find what are called Black & Bleu burgers. These have black pepper and blue cheese mixed in to the meat, and they are freaking good. They're normally pretty big burgers, cost about a pound fifty per pack of two, and one will fill some people up. When you cook them, they stay the same size, sometimes they even get bigger. The best way to make them is to put them in a frying pan with some olive oil (don't use vegetable oil, it's super fatty and not that great for you), cook them two minutes each side until they're done clear through. I normally like peppers and onions on them, and will sometimes bake peppers and onions in a pan like I mentioned above just to put on the burgers.

You can make both of those meals for under ten dollars together. Either one will fill you up and make your tummy happy.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
For $8, you could get a pack of this Uncle Ben Long Grain & Wild Rice ($1.5), a rotisserie chicken ($4.99 @ my supermarkets), and a pack of frozen vegies or you could buy some fresh. That what i would get for $8.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts