Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's my dillemma :
I just got as a christmas present, 6.2 million rupiahs, which roughly is equal to 600 US$... Now, what I want to know, is what should I upgrade for my rig ?
First off, I want a new screen, which will cost me 1.7 million rupiahs, and that leaves me with 4.5 million rups, which is 440US$...
Question : Should I go conroe ? Or should I just upgrade this one's peripherals ? I don't really use this thing for gaming, my current GFX is alright (altough if I go conroe I definitely want to get a PCI-E mobo (which means that I have to change my GFX), to be "time proof" ! (the current gfx I have is AGP )

·

29,532 Posts
Get a conroe!

sorry! had to say it

What things are you using your rig for?

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
Can you give us a website which ships to you which is also in english? lol

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Niko-Time View Post
Can you give us a website which ships to you which is also in english? lol
For me, I don't need english. I can understand most languages.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post
For me, I don't need english. I can understand most languages.
Yea right, you'll see when I'm gonna release some of my javanese
!
So, www.bhinneka.com is a site to which I refer to quite often, but the prices are not updated, and I think on each product you can at least take out 5$, since If I buy them, I'm not going to order them, but go to stores, where products definitely cost less...

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Yea right, you'll see when I'm gonna release some of my javanese
!
So, www.bhinneka.com is a site to which I refer to quite often, but the prices are not updated, and I think on each product you can at least take out 5$, since If I buy them, I'm not going to order them, but go to stores, where products definitely cost less...
LOL, it's not like I said I can speak them fluent, I can only understand them somewhat.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol

·

29,532 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: gravity

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I never thought I'd have the money to buy a conroe system... Well thanks for the advice ! I'll see what I'll do... Oh but yea is that a PCI-E mobo or an AGP one ? cause my current gfx is a AGP, so...
EDIT : Oh, its PCI... so I guess I have to shrink more budget... Well maybe I can pull some money by selling my current rig... I'll keep you guys updated...

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
View Post

Wow, I never thought I'd have the money to buy a conroe system... Well thanks for the advice ! I'll see what I'll do... Oh but yea is that a PCI-E mobo or an AGP one ? cause my current gfx is a AGP, so...
EDIT : Oh, its PCI... so I guess I have to shrink more budget... Well maybe I can pull some money by selling my current rig... I'll keep you guys updated...

Sell your current rig, apart from the harddrives and suggest the next person who buys your rig to let you get him a harddrive and install Windows for him.s

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
View Post

Sell your current rig, apart from the harddrives and suggest the next person who buys your rig to let you get him a harddrive and install Windows for him.s

Huh ? Why would I take out the harddrives to put them back again ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts