Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Keep it under 7 volts and you'll be fine
ClawHammers are very resistant to high voltages, so as long as your load temperatures are fine, you can run any voltage you want.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Keep it under 7 volts and you'll be fine
ClawHammers are very resistant to high voltages, so as long as your load temperatures are fine, you can run any voltage you want.

im at 1.6 volts wats the highes i can go though... and by the way i have a newcastle i wanna ge tto 2.6...how?

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by illusion34

im at 1.6 volts wats the highes i can go though... and by the way i have a newcastle i wanna ge tto 2.6...how?

answers???

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

answers???

Voltage is not going to be your problem, you just need better ram... Generic aint gonna cut it to do 240FSB+ in 1:1 ratio.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Voltage is not going to be your problem, you just need better ram... Generic aint gonna cut it to do 240FSB+ in 1:1 ratio.

is kingston good enough?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

is kingston good enough?

Yes, kingston hyperx is pretty good, but I would say it's a bit pricy.

OCZ makes very good memory and has more reasonable prices.

PC4000 Gold rev 2.
PC3200 Plat rev.
Pc3200 Gold VX

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Yes, kingston hyperx is pretty good, but I would say it's a bit pricy.

OCZ makes very good memory and has more reasonable prices.

PC4000 Gold rev 2.
PC3200 Plat rev.
Pc3200 Gold VX

welli get free kingston ram dats y... but its not hyper x just regular ddr400 or pc3200 will it do... 2 gigs of it!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

welli get free kingston ram dats y... but its not hyper x just regular ddr400 or pc3200 will it do... 2 gigs of it!!!!

Well you should be able to overclock a little but I dont think that it will do @236FSB which is what you'll need for 2.6ghz.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Well you should be able to overclock a little but I dont think that it will do @236FSB which is what you'll need for 2.6ghz.

dammmm...... gotta think of something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got it... get all kinds sell it and buy better ram lolololol

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

dammmm...... gotta think of something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got it... get all kinds sell it and buy better ram lolololol

Sell the free Kingston ram you are getting and buy some nice OCZ ram or some low latency performance memory of some sort. I heard the low lat PQI works really good and has a very reasonable price tag.

I only run 1.5v to my Winchester but that's what I maxes out at because i have a horrible HSF and it hits 58*C+ when i put it to 1.6v

1 - 14 of 14 Posts