Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys.... I just bought an H70 an apparently most people think the H70 only performs as well as top end air coolers such as Noctua or Venemous X. Is that true? Are the temps going to be the same because if the temps will be the same then I would rather go with the air cooler. Just makes more sense.

I will building an entire new rig based on the new 2500K. I have half the parts already. The biggest thing I still need is a case and I am leaning towards Lian Li.

I was reading though that one of the best water cooling setups you can get to cool your CPU is the XSPC Rasa kit. I don't plan on water cooling my GPU or at least not yet. I don't think I would because I don't plan on overclocking my GPU or any future GPU's. However, replacing stock cooling to make it more quiet is nice, but I can do that with air if needed.

Do the XSPC Rasa kits really make that huge of improvement over the H70? And will my 2500K thank me and be able to overclock better and at cooler temps? I plan on at least leaving my 2500K on 4.1GHz 24/7. I don't think I will want to go higher than that. However, if either the H70 or XSPC will serve about the same in this situation then the H70 is probably better. If not recommend me which XSPC to get (or if you have a similar priced setup that is better let me know that too).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
H70 is usually a few C warmer than the top end air coolers. The corsair units really only make sense when there's limited space around the CPU socket due to RAM heatspreaders etc.

RASA will best the top air coolers and the Corsair H units by 10C or so at least....OTOH, Sandy does not run that hot to start with.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The XSPC Rasa kits will give you mover 10c better temps than the H series kits
Especially under load.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna;12021090
The XSPC Rasa kits will give you mover 10c better temps than the H series kits
Especially under load.
Just 10C??? My RS360 kit did about 17C better than my H50, and I had killer fans on the H50.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
For me an my i7-930 collection I needed water to move into the 4.0GHz range. There is a lot more heat put out with a move from 3.6 too 4.0 than 3.0 too 3.6. I benched well at 3.4 with my Q6600 GO (low 60's if I remember) I only ran the Q6600 at that clock for some inital "lets see what it will do stuff" now it sits back at 2.4 and is a workhorse with a megahalems and core temps are under 30C for desktop duties. My Q6600 is my second most used PC. I fold at time on the i7's but working into HyperV and Server 2008 R2 OS's on them.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight
View Post

Just 10C??? My RS360 kit did about 17C better than my H50, and I had killer fans on the H50.

he's probably referring to the rs240 kit lol

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So do I need the RS360 kit and will it fit inside a case?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoddimusPrime
View Post

So do I need the RS360 kit and will it fit inside a case?

The RS360 kit is a nice kit for a new water cooler on a budget. It should fit inside your Antec 900 however you may have to mount the radiator behind the case on the exterior.

I know that this guy has had to mount it outside. He made the brackets to fit it into the top himself. Looks neat in my opinion. Either way you're going to have to mount it outside your 900 somehow.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jNSK
View Post

The RS360 kit is a nice kit for a new water cooler on a budget. It should fit inside your Antec 900 however you may have to mount the radiator behind the case on the exterior.

I know that this guy has had to mount it outside. He made the brackets to fit it into the top himself. Looks neat in my opinion. Either way you're going to have to mount it outside your 900 somehow.

Looking to get a lian li because of the all aluminum construction and general quality. Don't like super big cases though. Standard atx is what I am shooting for, but they all look the same.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoddimusPrime
View Post

Looking to get a lian li because of the all aluminum construction and general quality. Don't like super big cases though. Standard atx is what I am shooting for, but they all look the same.

Have you checked out the Phantom from NZXT? It's a brilliant case and I believe you can mount a radiator in it with minimal modding. Mounting one externally with brackets isn't all that hard though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts