i7 920 @3.6Ghz
Gigabyte X58A UD3R
5850 CF (stock most likely)
OCZ 3x2GB 1333mhz Platinum
Corsair H50 Cooler, 120mm fan
Samsung F3
LG DVD Drive
Couple of case fans in a Antec 900.

Can someone suggest a good PSU for this? My budget for the Power Supply is around £120 or so.

In UK atm so UK websites please.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the 650w PSU. How much will my rig use anyway? It's iether betweeen the two Corsair. Not sure what to get out of the two. Might have to be the 850.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PC_GAMER
View Post

Not sure about the 650w PSU. How much will my rig use anyway? It's iether betweeen the two Corsair. Not sure what to get out of the two. Might have to be the 850.

off the top of my head i'd say around 500-550w, but don't quote me off that.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepiglet
View Post

this

cant get wrong by sticking with corsair

Quote:

Originally Posted by sora1607
View Post

Can never go wrong with Corsair
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-006-_-Product

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC_GAMER
View Post

The 650W will be fine, unless you overclock to hell and gone, in which case the 750W version is usually around 100 pounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaterboydale
View Post

off the top of my head i'd say around 500-550w, but don't quote me off that.

Sounds about right.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sora1607
View Post

Lol why
?

If he's CF 5850, 750W is about right with extra headrooms for future overclocking.

He mentioned UK sites, Newegg is USA

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Not to mention that the TX750 isn't that great. Not bad, but the TPN series blows it out of the water in every conceivable way for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
There should be a sticky in this section. If you're going to post something about power supplies, be ready to be mind-****ed by Phaedrus when it comes to his knowledge.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ah... urgg I need to start reading things more carefully. I think what matters most is just settling on what PSU you want rather than where to find it. Prices on online shopping varies 5-10 bucks most of the time so you can find the product on lots of websites that do international shipping like ebay or amazon

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive ordered the Antec 750 Earthwatts. 25A on each 12v rail and there are 4 of them. Looks like a beast of a PSU! Thank you very much guy's and girls.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts