Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a very light gamer. My friend reccomended me Just Cause 2, and the demo was very fun. I had to put all the settings to low though, and the resolution to it's lowest. I would like a video card that could play the game at a decent resolution. I don't game much, but I like to have some games maxed out like Left 4 Dead 2, and I want JC2 and Assassins Creed and the new Call of Duty and the new Portal 2 all to look pretty good without any lag. The card has to be better than an Nvidia 7800 GTX. I want it under $40.00, more like $25.00 though. What would be the best?

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,793 Posts
You won't be getting a good card for any reasonable gaming for that new. See if you can get a used 8800GT or a 9800GT.

If new, see what a GT240 goes for, but smooth at a relative low-med settings for the games you mentioned.

Edit; The 4550 card won't get you smooth play.

·
Legacy Member
2,246 Posts
At that price range your options are extremely limited. I suggest that if you want to "game" on your pc you save your money for now.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not poor or anything, but I don't really wanna spend any more money on my current PC and save it all for next years PC.

I have my old rig, how much would an SLI Motherboard+ 7800GTX +2GB RAM+ Intel Pentium Extreme sell for?

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
how do you have 3 GB of ram? That is one of your issues right there. Next like others said you need at least a 9800GT check the for sale section you could pick up some nice things there. but a $40 card is not going to do ya. Expect at least $90!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old 7800GTX worked fine maxing L4D2. I don't wanna max some of the newer games, I just want them to look good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this website and was able to put as much of my PC's specs as I could on the list...

I'm a gamer and has been since I was seven or eight and also into computers starting at ten...

I've seen a lot of Os's and used Windows and Mac at one time

Right now I have GTA IV the complete edition
Along with Mass Effect 1 and 2
Devil May Cry 4 (This one I get the S ranking)
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Halo
Halo 2
Just Cause 2

Those are the games I play the most as well as Star Trek Online.

I just want to know which Graphics card would work well for my system long enough for me to save up the cash needed to upgrade the power supply and the Graphics card at once or just do the Power supply one month and the Graphics card the next month.

Also you can reach me at [email protected] and put for the subject: Normandy SR2 this way I know it's about my PC
If you're on PSN, my screen name is CandyStorevan. I know how it sounds but I'm a fan of the TV show Fastlane and I liked the Candy Store and a fan of the Character known as Van. And if you're on the 360, It's Nataku Rage

The Nataku part being a Gundam Wing Fan

I thank you for your time and for your help

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I hated Just Cause 2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts