1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 Mobile ML44 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache
AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 Mobile ML40 2.2GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache
AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 Mobile ML37 2.0GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache

I am looking at an alienware laptop, and I know nothing about Amd Procs. What would these equal to in an Intel chip.

Thanks up front for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
ML-44 = ~3.6Ghz intel
ML-40 = ~3.3Ghz intel
ML-37 = ~3Ghz intel

Of course, the HTT speed is lower on the Turions so it will probably perform a bit slower than what I said for each.

• Rep+
Reactions: Aqualan

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Want a fast one? Look for the Turion X2 TL52 or so.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want a C2D system for the lappy, but the 7900GS vid cards only come on the Amd systems(with alienware). If I go C2D, then the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1800 is my only GFX choice. What do you think?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Well the C2D is faster, and the X1800 ain't bad either. Very nice laptop!

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Depends on what you're using the lappy for. An X1800 w/ C2D will be a great all around system for everyday and games. But the Turion will most likely be a better gaming system with the 7900GS, especially if you OC it

Orient your decision as to how you will be using your laptop.

AMD/7900GS ==> Gaming laptop
C2D/X1800 ==> Still good gamer, but more everyday.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Since the c2d sys is a little cheaper(400.00) I guess i'll go with that.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualan

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. Since the c2d sys is a little cheaper(400.00) I guess i'll go with that.

Yeah either that or a Turion X2 laptop.

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

Yeah either that or a Turion X2 laptop.

The turion X2 will be more than a standard Turion, if he wants to save $, that's the wrong direction lol

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf909

The turion X2 will be more than a standard Turion, if he wants to save $, that's the wrong direction lol

I've seen them priced equally to regular Turions. But then again I'm a little ahead on the prices since I work at the Asus laptop department.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dell salespeople in Austin have pissed me off to the max, So I have gone another route. Plus, the alienware is badazz.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

dell has pissed me off to the max, So I have gone another route. Plus, the alienware is badazz.

Dell owns Alienware...soo.....

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:

dell has pissed me off to the max, So I have gone another route. Plus, the alienware is badazz.

Alienware = Dell though lol...

I guess you just have to set that fact aside though and make your decision

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But, i'm buying from another source, I meant the "austin" dell folk not the company it self, sry

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

But, i'm buying from another source, I meant the "austin" dell folk not the company it self, sry

Ohhh..

Why not just buy it online?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's who I mean, the alienware are built in Fl. Not here in austin. I wanted to use Dell's 0% to buy, and I was approved, but they won't let me add cash to get exactly what I wanted. It's a huge cluster*&^%. Then their online help people were basically rude to me when I asked a couple of questions. So I would rather go elsewhere. And the Alienware's look amazing to me anyway. I can also order alienware from circuit city and use the 0% interest with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts