Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall the artificial intelligence in the original DOOM, enemies would attack you on sight, but also attack each other if they hit each other by accident. Then I think about some of the faulty AI I see in modern shooters where enemies blow themselves up accidentally (crysis 2) and wonder if perhaps we're pushing too hard sometimes in the graphics direction while neglecting things like AI. To me it breaks the immersion and makes you laugh at the game.

We're at a tech stage where pretty much anything should be possible.
Just curious what you guys would like to see less of, more of, or just see period in the modern fps?

·
Twitch Streamer
1,751 Posts
I believe the AI could be better cause of course, there is always room for improvement, but I have not found any problems with AI in todays games. Only thing ive noticed is some games are REALLY easy on the hardest difficulty... all halo games, call of duties, bulletstorm, etc...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I feel that AI is pretty stagnant. But developing a good AI takes a buttload of time, and lets face it, when it comes to pumping game after game after game to the masses companies can afford to make cuts. Especially of the CoD series, which hasn't seen an AI improvement since COD2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.