Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I never played wow!

I came over this by google.
You can actually buy World of Warcraft Gold for real money?
Dammit, is this world firkin crazy?

How does that work? Is somebody sitting and playing professionally wow to earn it and then they sell it?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yeah, people buy "gold" for other games like Guild Wars, Runescape, and stuff like that. It's crazy! There's even ebay auctions for it, what they do is they meet you in-game, and give you the gold. A friend of mine did it in Guild Wars,, bought liek $20 worth of gold.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
I'm sure you can and I bet a lot of people will do it. If they're dumb enough to buy it then they deserve to lose their money.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
wow, thats lame... who gets that into a game that they will buy ingame money...lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I ask because I freaking don't understand it.
How can this work?
Can you somehow get that Gold from Blizzard or do those
gold selling people actually earn it inside wow?

Thats like selling... a dream or something?
What have we become?

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
IMHO: When the MMORPG gets to the point where power-leveling and gold can be purchased over the internet...it's time to stop playing. The magic is gone.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CIAagent11

Can you somehow get that Gold from Blizzard or do those
gold selling people actually earn it inside wow?

they earn the money - usually the "owners" of the game disaprove of it, as they are the only people that think they "deserve" the money. And you can buy gold and sell accounts on eBay - a LVL 90-something (after about 4 months i was LVL 77, top is 114 - god RS was boring!) Runescape character went for £100! Shame i gave my account away now!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenHagerty

Lets end this now because this thread will mostly likely be shut down

Its already off topic.

Anybody did buy gold and wanna tell me why someone would do such a thing?
No offence, its just a hobby after all.

·
Registered
952 Posts
people would buy stuff so they dont have to waste time in the game to earn it. If you look on ebay, there is all kinds of "in-game" stuff being sold for lots of games. Mainly weapons ans stuff.

Yes someone who earns something in the game will then in turn sell it to someone outside the game then in the game they give it to them.

honestly, its a smart idea. but I agree, if you have to buy stuff outsiode of the game.....the fun is lost...perhaps.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
I've bought gold. It makes sense to me from a numbers point of view. I make $12 an hour in the real world. At lvl 40 making 200g takes around a week at 4 hours a night.

WoW Farming:
(4 Hours * 7 Days) * $12 an Hour = $420/week

Work:
40 Hours * $12 = $480/week

So I'd be exerting that much effort when I could have bought 200g in less than an hour for $35. Time is money. When me and my friend needed Lvl 40mounts we both chipped in and bought gold then got back to levelling. People who buy insane amounts (1000+) and then buy overpriced epics in the AH (1k-2k) make me sick however. Same with people who pay for powerlevelling/accounts.

EDIT: Also the mounts are supposed to be a time sink so Blizzard can collect more money from you

• Rep+
Reactions: Fishie36
1 - 14 of 14 Posts