Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really want to sleeve my PSU but I don't want to wreck the PSU though.
I'm also lazy and very busy thses days in middle school.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want my comp. to have more light also though witout spending much money, as you see my parents won't let me spend too much money for sumthin pointless...

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I would sleeve my PSU also, but it sucks soooo badly, I would be spending more money on a sleeving kit then I did on the PSU Itself! lol, and I'm in middle school, and I'm lazy too, but I have Metal fab as one of my classes this symester, so I just bring in comp pieces to "edit" them. lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

I would sleeve my PSU also, but it sucks soooo badly, I would be spending more money on a sleeving kit then I did on the PSU Itself! lol, and I'm in middle school, and I'm lazy too, but I have Metal fab as one of my classes this symester, so I just bring in comp pieces to "edit" them. lol

lol!

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Ya, same deal with my parents, they won't lend me money for watercooling parts, they say its just pointless, but what do they know, computers are going to be the future, everything runs on them basically. I just think they're jealous that they can only type with 2 fingers
lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is there anything i could do in the front of my computer besides spray painting the cd-rom faceplates?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Ya, same deal with my parents, they won't lend me money for watercooling parts, they say its just pointless, but what do they know, computers are going to be the future, everything runs on them basically. I just think they're jealous because they can only type with 2 fingers
lol

And for the front, maybe cut a hole for a 120mm fan or maybe 90mm?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't think my parents will be letting me do that either.. ( they don't want me messin wit the computer too much)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i also kinda want to try to sleeve almost every wire in the comp.

which means : IDE cables , floppy cables , power supply cables and all that stuff

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also how do you make cd-rom dummies? i really need em..so i don't need to be spray painting face plates.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

Ya, same deal with my parents, they won't lend me money for watercooling parts, they say its just pointless, but what do they know, computers are going to be the future, everything runs on them basically. I just think they're jealous because they can only type with 2 fingers
lol

hahaha

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
andy, use the edit function instead of posting over and over again. You can buy IDE cables that are rounded, and for the PSU wires you can get some corrugated split wire loom which you put around the wires and then strap on with Zip ties. Real cheap and easy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

andy, use the edit function instead of posting over and over again. You can buy IDE cables that are rounded, and for the PSU wires you can get some corrugated split wire loom which you put around the wires and then strap on with Zip ties. Real cheap and easy.

where do you get these so called ' corrugated splite wire loom' and the zip ties?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy8125

where do you get these so called ' corrugated splite wire loom' and the zip ties?

I got mine from a store in here in Canada, the link is www.mutepc.com, though they don't ship to the states or anything. But it'll give you an idea of what ur looking for. Zip ties you can get at ne hardware store, they are little plastic ties that lock together. Just ask for them by name. The UV lights are a good idea too, and if ur up to it, UV molex connectors

1 - 20 of 24 Posts