Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats a good clock?

With stock cooling I got 334 without fragments in windows, and 325 was stable in games..

Now with my homemade water block, zip tied on, I just cranked it all the way to 368 without fragments in windows!
I haven't even tried games yet...

I'v been reading, and people do volt mods, and they say they can get 358 (highest i'v found so far)......

Most ppl are in the 340 range for overclocking..

Im scared to push it over 368, Im gonna see what im stable in games at now..

Is it safe to say that if it dosne't fragment, Im safe to go as high as I want and it wont overheat?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Artifacts are the signs that the card is getting too hot to function properly. So it will artifact alot before it gets to that point where it overheats and dies.

As long as your heatsink/waterblock is on there tight you're pretty much safe to keep going up untill you see artifacts.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well haven't tested it in games yet heh (about to)

However I just kicked it up higher.. hit 388 without fragments! opened mozilla and no fragments..

Then I tride 392 and my comp locked up..
However I shut it off and killed the power, and immedietly stuck my finger on the back of the video card to see how hot it was, it was cool to the touch

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

well haven't tested it in games yet heh (about to)

However I just kicked it up higher.. hit 388 without fragments! opened mozilla and no fragments..

Then I tride 392 and my comp locked up..
However I shut it off and killed the power, and immedietly stuck my finger on the back of the video card to see how hot it was, it was cool to the touch

You got to test in a game for like half an hour though so you can get the card warm to really see if it's stable at those speeds... Running windows doesnt stress the card too much so that's not a reliable way of testing your overclock.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

You got to test in a game for like half an hour though so you can get the card warm to really see if it's stable at those speeds... Running windows doesnt stress the card too much so that's not a reliable way of testing your overclock.

ya I know, I was just seeing how high I could push it..

Figuring I could hit 334 with stock cooling in windows, and now I can hit 388, im sure its gonna be able to go pretty high and be stable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts