Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking I want to add to my genre of games. I have FPS's, an RTS, a WWII Combat Flight simulator, a Sub Simulator, turn-based strategy game (Colonization IV which was a disappointment compared to the original) Some super old HLDM based games.

Now my brother has a Wii, I loved Zelda 64 as the original RPG game so I was thinking Twilight Princess, and GTA IV, which I own is kind of a RPG since it has a story line and you play a character, but I got bored of it after it always winding down with you having to kill someone for each mission, and me succeeding in most missions with ease.

I can not afford WoW since it requires a $15 subscription fee and I have never paid to play a game online. Are their any MMORPG's or at the very least a single player RPG thats fun to play and highly addictive? Im gettin bored of my current crop of games.

Oh and Im probably getting a GTX 570 or so in the next month or two after my car insurance bill comes in, so I should have some cash to spare for updating my system to play newer games.

·
Registered
37 Posts
oblivion, baulders gate, morrowwind, Dungeons and Dragons online (Free 2 play), Lord of the rings online (free to play), Team fortress 2 (FPS +RPG, 5.99$ online), dragon origins, Ultima online in emulated server, WOW in emulated server

just a few of them!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
drugz.jpg

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Someone shooting up is a "tight" pick?

Weirdo lol

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Vindictus is pretty good, graphics are amazing

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainix;11954328
THAT IS A TIGHT PIC =0

Runescape...its free

WoW is just so addicting you dont even remember your paying money each month =p
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2487-The-Skinner-Box

Video related to the topic at hand, its the reason I stopped playing MMOs.

Played everything, to OP if you REALLY want to waste your time, life, and patience on an MMO WoW is without a doubt your best bet. If you can't afford $.50 a day you have more problems to worry about than just which MMO to play.

You'll blow the video off at first but just think on it for a few days, it is 100% completely true.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sainix

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NIA;11954432
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2487-The-Skinner-Box

Video related to the topic at hand, its the reason I stopped playing MMOs.

Played everything, to OP if you REALLY want to waste your time, life, and patience on an MMO WoW is without a doubt your best bet. If you can't afford $.50 a day you have more problems to worry about than just which MMO to play.

You'll blow the video off at first but just think on it for a few days, it is 100% completely true.
Watched the video was a trip but it makes sense and i agree with it, But ill continue to play my MMOs =] great watch tho thank you for the link!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
There are a lot of good MMOs out there to name a few that I liked:

WoW(P2P)
Guild Wars (F2P)
Aion(P2P)

Some that I've heard are real good:

EVE Online (P2P)
Lord of the Rings Online(F2P)

Some anticipated MMOs that are releasing 2011:

DC Universe Online
Guild Wars 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Rift
Tera

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently looked up free mmorpgs for myself, came between two games. Allods Online and Runes of Magic.
I picked Allods because i liked the style of it.

·
Politically incorrect
9,463 Posts
EVE without a doubt. Of all the MMO's I've played EVE is the only one that makes me log on everyday.

EVE Online review Zeropunctuation. I pissed myself laughing, it's so true.

The one thing I'll say about EVE is that it's a second job you can use to pay your subscription, as game time is active traded within the game (to discourage trading of in game money and items on Ebay and other websites).

Other MMO's I've played:
Knight Online
WoW
Aion
Perfect World
and a few others I can't remember right now.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Guild Wars is a good, cheap MMO RPG.
I would wait for GW2 to come out though.

Runescape is alright and completely free, so I would recommend playing that until Guild Wars 2 comes out. ;D

·
Politically incorrect
9,463 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven
View Post

Vindictus is pretty good, graphics are amazing

I assume it's micro transactions. Do you need to pay to access any area's and can items be bought from the company?

If not I'll give this game a go and see what it's like. The last F2P game I played was Knight Online and it was a horrible experience, with corrupt GM's, a company that didn't care about the game and an awful community.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts