Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 295gtx has an issue where certain texture/objects flicker in game when in multiGPU mode and although I have a 950watt PSU with 4 12v rails with 20a on each for a total of 80a, I suspect my PSU is causing the issue because I have literally rulled almost everything else out. What is a good PSU for my sig rig to solve this issue?

Added link to current PSU : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-035-_-Product

My video card is not OCed and the same issue happens when my CPU is at stock. If anyone has any idea other than it being caused by my PSU I am all ears (or in this case eyes) but I have done so many things to try to troubleshoot this. My PSU is practically all thats left.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by loser7
View Post

My 295gtx has an issue where certain texture/objects flicker in game when in multiGPU mode and although I have a 950watt PSU with 4 12v rails with 20a on each for a total of 80a, I suspect my PSU is causing the issue because I have literally rulled almost everything else out. What is a good PSU for my sig rig to solve this issue?

corsair hx850 or ax1200 or ax850

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
a 950 watt not enough for 295 ? dont think so ... might be something else , which brand it is ?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

a 950 watt not enough for 295 ? dont think so ... might be something else , which brand it is ?

this and i bet the cpu isnt stable, mini cpu lock ups have the same effect

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If your overclock on the card it too much, you'll get weird textures in games. I think I got that on my old [email protected] 800mhz core and not enough voltage. Upped the voltage and it was good (watercooled though).

Does the videocard do it at stock clocks?

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My video card is not overclocked and the flickering happens when the CPU is at stock. It has happened on two different motherboards with two different PSU's (the first one was definitely not powerful enough though) and I have already RMAed my video card once and they told me they sent me back a different one(of the same type) so it has also occured on two different but identical 295gtx's. My power supply is low quality I think.

Here is a link to my PSU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-035-_-Product

·
Registered
9 Posts
just wondering if corsair TX650 will enough for gtx295 ? i'm thinking of upgrade from gtx260.. because gtx260 isn't great enough for new games at this time..

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by van's
View Post

just wondering if corsair TX650 will enough for gtx260 ? i'm thinking of upgrade from gtx260.. because gtx260 isn't great enough for new games at this time..

more than enough

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

View Post

just wondering if corsair TX650 will enough for gtx295 ? i'm thinking of upgrade from gtx260.. because gtx260 isn't great enough for new games at this time..

Dont get a 295, get something from the 400 series.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

View Post

sorry i mean gtx295,,is 650watt enough for this GPU ?

if its a good brand then yes

• Rep+
Reactions: van's

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
650 is the recommended wattage for a gt 295 you'll be fine, that 950 you got cant even be flushed because it would be an insult to your toilet that's how bad it is

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by obsidian86
View Post

650 is the recommended wattage for a gt 295 you'll be fine, that 950 you got cant even be flushed because it would be an insult to your toilet that's how bad it is

I believe you but what makes it so bad?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz
View Post

if its a good brand then yes

okay,, i hope there still gtx295 in the market,,because most store already changing their stock to gf400 series...

thanks man,, +1 rep..

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

View Post

okay,, i hope there still gtx295 in the market,,because most store already changing their stock to gf400 series...

thanks man,, +1 rep..

I'll sell u mine for 300usd's

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'll sell u mine for 300usd's

wow 300 ..... too much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts