Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
what?

Give a bit of specifics here....1/2 or 3/8 of what?

Timing ratios....

If it's a ratio ur looking for, seperate with colons.

If it's a fraction, 3/8 is smaller than 1/2

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
For watercooling, 1/2" inside diameter is more efficient than 3/8".
1/2" allows a higher rate of flow but you'll also need a more efficient pump to move the extra water. 1/2" hose will cool better due to the extra volume.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
BUT! Getting 1/2 hoses with 1/2 fittings doesn;t increase flow over useing 3/8 tubing, since the water is flowing through a 3/8 hole....so you can use heat to force 3/8 tubing over 1/2 fittings, and it will look cleaner, be extremely secure, and not lose any performance.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am looking to buy watercooling system in parts can you guys help me find some thing???
my max i can pay is 120$

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
You can look in the "watercooling forum" for numerous setups requested by different people.
Put your own system together, it'll be better than a kit.
BTW: Stay away from "the big water system" (piece of junk).

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
The "Kingwin" is another piece of junk.
A decent cheap setup is the "120 Mini Aguagate" (closed loop system), but don't expect huge overclocks with it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
reviews i've seen rate it as less than spectacular cooling results.....that block looks a bit sketchy to me, but i would read a couple reviews....make a decision, then wait a week, and if you haven;t had second thoughts....go for it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If i were you, i would do what i did....build your system piecemiel over a few months....then, there's no pressure to decide and buy......

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani

can i get my own setup for less then 120$ the blocks are expensive

You can make it on $120. Best bet is to look for used parts on Ebay or older discontinued models.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy

Dani, weren't you listening to me? Get an Apogee and build the rest.

Listen to him. Posting five different threads asking the same question will only give you the same answer. Wait till you have the money or get what you can.

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was tempted to buy a cheap system for about 100 dollars, but I decided to not, and boy am I glad I did.

Save up like 200 dollars and buy yourself a decent 1/2 ID system. If you can scrape some extra money you can buy yourself a bigger radiator too.

Get good and you'll be able to overclock, which is the biggest reason to get a watercooling rig IMO.

Cheers

[Ishbuu]

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani

is this one good it got 2 radiators

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835192005

dani, dani, dani, if you want to build an external system go the auto parts and get a 1977 bonneville heater core 20 bucks then take it to the hardware store and tell them you want to fit 1/2 vinyl ID tubing to it, they will help you. absolute cheapest and best you can do.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts