Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna upgrade to a sli setup pretty soon and i can get a evga 6800 ultra pcie right now or should i wait and get the asus??

·
Registered
271 Posts
If the board you want is an ASUS get ASUS but also keep in mind that ASUS was a partner of nVidia when they developed SLi, so they maybe more compatible video card. Or not??

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Where can u get a pci-e 6800ultra!!!!1 I need one, where??? But both the evga and the asus will probly have the same performance unless asus OCes the cards and maybe looks different...but u shouldn't have 2 wait....I still really wanna know where to get a pcie 6800gt or an ultra that's in stock

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nvidia puts out a reference design for their boards to all of their manufacturers. They can add features, but can't deviate too far from the reference. eVGA is known for never changing the reference, so they always have a board that performs solidly. ASUS is the world #1 mobo manufacturer and they make great cards too. To keep it short, both will be sweeeeettttt! My vote goes to whoever is cheapest!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i think ill go with game eve. i can preorder the asus from there. all the photos in the reviews and stuff had the asus 6800's .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

*** didnt you just get your x800pro if you dont want it i will have it

yea i did but im probaly going to be getting some money soon from somebody and im going to use it towards upgradeing my computer. if you want the x800 ill sell it to you for 400. i will ship first. if i get the money and your interested ill email you .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts