Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was playing CS:S for about 15-20 min., then I exited the program, and then I read this message that popped up about my card's temperature, so I looked into my case and omg the fan wasn't plugged in, and I thought I saw smoke (I sure smelled it).

Long story short, I managed to shut off my computer in time and cool it down...right now, the morning after that bad night, it seems to be doing fine...I don't think it was really in the danger zone (120+C; yow) for that long.

What are some signs that I damaged it forever? Artifacts in any game? I mean, if I really did damage it, I'd be seeing artifacts on my Desktop, right?

Anyway, seems to be doing good; idle temp is 48C, like before; don't have the time to check full load temp again yet...

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Artifacts.
And any other quirky behaviour.
But artifacts is usually the number one sign of video card damage.
And ya youd prolly be seeing artifacts in your desktop too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ouch! i bet your mind was racing and your heat was beating hardcore, im glad your card didnt take a crap on you that would have royally sucked.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol well, after, what a few weeks after the incident, everything seems to be fine.

Call it crazy luck =P

But if anything does start to go bonkers, that's the perfect excuse to get a PCI-E card.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaKing

how the eff did your fan get unplugged? lol

thats what i want to know

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid

thats weird, if your gfxcard cant run without the fan plugged in maybe you need to get a new one ?

LoL your graphics card wouldnt run without a fan.

·
Registered
356 Posts
it is possible his power supply isnt supplying enought on the 4pin... molex ... make sure thats all tightly in and also try switching them to one that isnt connected to anything but... the gpu ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts