Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Whats the BEST Budget Value for Money Decent SLI/CrossXfire set UP...?? Question

I would like as many members to take part in this survey, what is the BEST Budget SLI or CrossXFire SEUP from GTX550TI - GTX570 aganist the AMD/ATI 6850 - HD 6950 (OR 7 series cards too, but only one a V 3.0 PCI-E motherboard.)

Please also include your choice of motherboard and CPU Used in your Value for Money; Rock the World GPU Rig.!! - Please leep the Two GPUs Under the price of a GTX580 Retail, But cannot use a 580 in your Choice...Max GTX570.

Thanks in Advance everyone who contributes.!
smile.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's a Budget of $660 Dollars, please try to keep it around this price range... thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good choice the 2x HD7770 in CrossFire would only be 80w TDP on each card, which is amazing, which motherboard would you use and CPU you forgot to mention - cheers! Mate...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice choice the 2600K + Z80 MOBO + HD7770 CrossXfire... cheers"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry meant the following: ""Nice choice the 2600K + Z68 MOBO + HD7770 CrossXfire... cheers"" - David.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To Farih: Nice Combination HD7850 in Dual CrossXfire + 2500 or 2600 CPU with Gen 3 Asrock Extreme3 all in all, Good Value system for sure.!
smile.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can someone suggest what two 560 448 core in SLI or two 570's in dual SLI would be like? and what brand would you use

ie. Gigabyte or MSI because Im thinking of going SLI GTX560TI 448 core SLI SETUP as I have one already but can sell if anyone has better ideas?

what about 1 GTX670 OVER 1300 CUDA CORES
- BETTER THAN 2X GTX560TI 448 core SLI SETUP

ALL HELP APPRECIATED must be Nvidia to get physics in gaming. -cheers! David

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodhanth View Post

7770 Xfire is ~580.
That's VFM.
You get better results with 2x 6870 or 6850 for approx the same price or a bit lover usually. depending somewhat on your planned resolution, the 6870 has a clear advantage if you are planning to run eyefinity bcos its higher memory bandwidth.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personally i would go with gtx 670 and then save up $100 or so to buy another gtx 670 later. If you get 570 SLI, it will be a bit better than 670 but only by a bit and you will lack the ability to upgrade in the future...plus gtx 670 is more power efficient and has technology like GPU Boost and vsync...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To Carniflex, and apruler:

thank-you both for your help Ive decided because Ive been with Nvidea. for over 10 years to stick with Nvidea. and buy a GTX670 now and when I have the dosh buy another to go sli

Like someone suggested...

I think ATI 7 SERIES ARE GREAT however they don't have physics unlike Nvidea

if you can make do without physics, then AMD ARE GOOD VALUE but nvidea will not sell the Physics engine to ATI/AMD

thanks again for all your help....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekerdom View Post

To Carniflex, and apruler:
thank-you both for your help Ive decided because Ive been with Nvidea. for over 10 years to stick with Nvidea. and buy a GTX670 now and when I have the dosh buy another to go sli

Like someone suggested...

I think ATI 7 SERIES ARE GREAT however they don't have physics unlike Nvidea
if you can make do without physics, then AMD ARE GOOD VALUE but nvidea will not sell the Physics engine to ATI/AMD
thanks again for all your help....
You're talking about PhysX, which isn't used in very many games at all. The Batman games, Mafia II and I think there may be like two more. You can very easily play the games with that turned off too, and it will still look quite good. Unless you are specifically wanting to play those games, don't worry about it.

Seeing as you're going bang for buck here, AMD are definitely the way to go here (if you want dual cards now).

That being said, I would also go with a 670 and sli in the future
tongue.gif

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just 2 mins ago I bought my 1st GTX670 then in one month when I get paid I will buy another...

Ive decided to buy an MSI GTX670 reference design
, as its power efficient, and faster than the 7950 non overclocked.

bought online in the UK...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need a faster v.3.0 PCI-E SLOTS in motherboard with 16x lanes, I have a spare MSI Z77A G45 BOARD however, would like to upgrade to the MSI Z77 GD65 BOARD as its won every single award that's going here and in the USA too...

I like to clock my CPUs so will I stay with the G45 OR GD65?
thumb.gif
smile.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts