Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i use antifreeze for a coolant in my water cooling kit im getting next week? what do you guys who have experience in this field recommend, thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkofdooM
View Post

from what I understand, you want to shy away from anti-freeze... gums up the works in a pc loop.

Distilled water with some biocide of some sort (pt nuke or silver) to kill anything nasty that might decide to take up residence in your loop is generally the best.

Of course there are the others (feser-one, pc ice) and such

+rep 4 you

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't use water wetter. It won't provide any benefits what so ever and it'll coat the inside of your loop with silicates. At normal cooling temperatures there's nothing better than plain old distilled water + pt nuke or a silver kill coil. Now if you get down to sub-zero temperatures, then you might want to try some Dynalene.

·
Registered
417 Posts
distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled distilled

+ptnuke

Point taken?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I used distilled water, I then break apart a highlighter and mix it in the water. Its safe washable and Uv reactive!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chozandrias76
View Post

Doesn't distilled water not stay distilled forever and can damage your system if it leaks?

The thing is nothing is non-conductive forever, even the Feser fluids become more conductive the longer they remain in the loop. Particles will always find a way into the fluids making them conductive.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by astrodanco
View Post

Don't use water wetter. It won't provide any benefits what so ever and it'll coat the inside of your loop with silicates. At normal cooling temperatures there's nothing better than plain old distilled water + pt nuke or a silver kill coil. Now if you get down to sub-zero temperatures, then you might want to try some Dynalene.

I dropped 2c with water wetter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Distilled water + PT Nuke would be a cheap simple solution, and for the price of a bottle of Feser one you can make alot more fluid and for alot less $$. If you're interested in cool UV reactive liquid, feser one looks very nice however it fades over time and you will need to add their special UV additive to restore it.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.