Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,992 Posts
i personally thought that bad company 2 looks good accept the poor environment textures

• Rep+
Reactions: yellowtoblerone

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
crysis warhead

trollface.jpg

srsly though, dirt 2 looks amazing even in dx9, metro 2033 runs with some dx10 titles while running in dx9, and SC2....DoW2....coh....

and finally, Beat Hazard!

that game is just something else! looks amazing! while using dx8. (thats what MSIAB tells me)

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Call me lame but Source Engine games looks amazing.

I'd try Half-Life 2 Episode 1 or 2 and Left 4 Dead. I play these on full detail with max AA and AF and I still get great frame rates. It's definatley worth a try if you haven't tried them.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Best looing games? Modern Warfare 2. It's got more excrement in that box than 10 loos.

Best looking game? I'd say Crysis. While other games come close(Fallout 3 and HL2 with some mods, later Source games like L4D2, GTA IV, etc), nothing can quite beat Crysis.

·
Registered
801 Posts
This past year's awards for best graphics included Batman Arkham Asylum, COD:Modern Warfare 2, bioshock 2.

The most recent (this year's) good looking games for the PC are:
Battlefield Bad Company 2,
Mass Effect 2,
BioShock 2,
Assassin's Creed 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

In past years, these are still graphically pleasing games (for PC):
Dragon Age: Origins
DiRT 2
Borderlands
Resident Evil 5
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Fallout 3
Mirror's Edge
Far Cry 2
Crysis/ Crysis Warhead
Left 4 Dead

but really it's all a matter of opinion.

the game i enjoyed playing on a big screen the most was by far bioshock 2

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pgmoney View Post
This past year's awards for best graphics included Batman Arkham Asylum, COD:Modern Warfare 2, bioshock 2.
And that, children, is why awards aren't to be trusted.

·
Banned
711 Posts
One thing I have noticed about Just cause 2 is that the graphics automatically get a lot better when more than one GPU is in use. There is no way to manually change the settings for what happens when you run the game in SLI/multiGPU mode. The view distance gets way farther and things in the distance look way more clear and detailed. You dont have SLI but I thought i'd tell you anyway.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Just Cause 2 is really good, partially so you can see masses of land all at once, then fly anywhere in good time. Also lots of good explosion effects.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonStruckHorrors
View Post

Definitely not GTA IV. I can play it at 50 fps all maxed out and still it doesn't look that great. In fact, it looks terrible.

Well JC2 & Metro 2033 look great.

Agreed. GTA looks like a barely-polished turd.

AC2?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts