1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
As for the radiator, just get a heatercore, it's much cheaper and performs the same as the black ice. It's less restrictive to the fan also.

You might have to take out a HDD rack or something to fit it in... I dunno. We need to know how much room you have.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^^ Actually, a heatercore outperforms a Black Ice Pro or Black Ice Extreme (called BIP and BIX for future reference). I single 120mm heatercore will perform much, much better than a BIP, and outperform a BIX by a couple of degrees, assuming you have the same fans on each. I double heatercore will outperform anything on the market (that will fit in a computer case).

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

^^^ Actually, a heatercore outperforms a Black Ice Pro or Black Ice Extreme (called BIP and BIX for future reference). I single 120mm heatercore will perform much, much better than a BIP, and outperform a BIX by a couple of degrees, assuming you have the same fans on each. I double heatercore will outperform anything on the market (that will fit in a computer case).

can i get a link to that heatercore please, also i only use 1 HD, so i think i'll have enough room on the bottom racket of the "HD"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I'm going to get the Double Heatercore along with a DangerDen D4 Pump, Swiftech MCW6002-P CPU Block and the DangerDen 6800 GPU Block. I was trying to figure out where inside my case I could possible fit this monstrous thing and I had an idea. Depending on how heavy it is, is it possible to mount it on the side window?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I'd just build a custom case for the top of your computer, thats what I'm doing since I can't fit much into my case. Damn designers, too bad i didn't know what i do now.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

would you get any better temps with the Black Ice Extreme III? 3 120mm fans sounds like pretty good cooling capacity.

The BIX 3 actually performs online with a double heatercore.

·
Registered
405 Posts
a heater core to a pontiac bonniville stant# 90780 is 2 by 120mm and doulble thick,they have got to be a bout one of the ultimite single radiators that will fit inside a computer case like they were made just for that job....I found out about them by going thru a catolog and looking over stock at my buddys auto parts store !!!DROOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts