Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of .mkv files that I would like to convert to other formats like .avi or mp4..

I have tried to install TMPGEnc, but it will not start and Movavi doesnt recognize .mkv files..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
That's not a video converter. And you should give up on CUDA encoding, right now.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma View Post
That's not a video converter. And you should give up on CUDA encoding, right now.
This

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What's so terrible about CUDA encoding? o_O

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindex View Post
What's so terrible about CUDA encoding? o_O
In short, it doesn't work. As far as I know it is fairly difficult to implement video encoding on a GPU, as the algorithms aren't easily parallelized. There is a program called Badaboom, but compare it any CPU-based video encoder and the difference is like night and day.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IDK, media show expresso works pretty good.. Its a lot faster than avs video converter thats CPU intensive..

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
^^^^ I agree, using Media show expresso here with Sapphire cards, can recode a PS3 movie in under 20 mins 1080p

Can use NVIDIA CUDA or ATI Stream

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/me...iew_en_US.html
Just started using this program. It says that it utilizes up to 4 core cpu's so does that mean it doesn't use Hyperthreading? Would it be beneficial to have HT on while using this? thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skatpex99 View Post
Just started using this program. It says that it utilizes up to 4 core cpu's so does that mean it doesn't use Hyperthreading? Would it be beneficial to have HT on while using this? thanks

MediaShow Espresso delivers a breakthrough increase in performance for HD video conversion of up to 162% by channeling the full power of the CPU. By taking advantage of Intel's multi-threaded computing technologies, MediaShow Espresso gives you more time to share and enjoy your HD videos and less time wating for them to be converted.

MediaShow Espresso Utilizing 8 Computing Threads

You can recode UP to 4 at once...

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
You're silly for looking at the % of CPU usage rather than the speed. I bet x264 can beat that program's speed with only 2 cores.

But if you wanna have silly CPU load competitions, x264 can use all 8 hyperthreading threads, and it won't dip like you see in that graph. It'll be a nearly flat line at the top.

Let's see: that first episode has a duration of 23:35 and it probably runs at 30 fps. That puts it at about 42407 frames. 12% completed, so there are 32318 frames remaining. With 7:18s remaining, it's going at 85 fps. Multiplied by 4, that's 340 FPS. I can see the ugly artifacts in that tiny, resized preview, so that means it's probably really bad quality. It's a scene rip, so the resolution is likely something like 576x432. It's safe to assume x264 can soundly defeat it at quality and speed, at the same time.

Quote:
You can recode UP to 4 at once...
Just run x264 or whatever multiple times?

There is nothing inherently limiting you from doing more.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
You are OCN's 10,000,000th post.

Congrats.

What do I win,LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts