Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am are trying to set up an online video comunity where people can log on from their computer and can watch and chat with someone as they wish. What we want to know is what the best video capturing equitment we should use. We would like to know how we can do this and what it would take. I know apple makes a video capturing device that sits on top of the monitor with nice resolution. Thats another issue, resolution, to see the other person online we need to see in clear view. not just the face. I want it to look this good at this distance.

We do have budget concers, we are looking for a reliable yet resonable product. We are interested mostly in the video and not much the audio. We have T1 but that is mostly the DL I dont really know about the upload I havent run a speed test. What do you think the probability that someone could watch with little or minimal delay in video to person on the other side.
if anyone has any idea please let me know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Well.. It's nice you have a T1, but how about the people on the other side? Are you going to sell the project with the disclaimer you'll need a high speed connection?

Not sure what will work best... Obviously, there are two components: the hardware (camera, capture card) and the software (processing the video stream, and more importantly compressing it as economically as possible with minimal data loss).

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well more we want the sending quality to be optimal like from our T1 side. The post is a little tweaked due to marketing legalities but i can tell you this, We are trying to send video stream and since most people download s much higher than their upload it shouldn't be a problem in that area. So if you could like help me find good software, equiptment id much spreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts