Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin wants a better processor.Whats better a 3200xp or a 3200 sempron?It has to be socket A.I cant get him to spend the money on a complete upgrade yet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by not2bad

I'm not 100% sure but I'd say the Athlon XP. The Barton core should be better than Thoroughbred.

Yea the Barton has 1meg of L2 cache compared to the Sempys 256k. The 3200+ Barton core is the most powerfull socket A processor.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Mongoose

aren't all socket A Athlon barton core processors 512kb cache..?

Nope, but I can tell you this, the 3200+ sempron has a barton core and a 512kb cache

·
Registered
263 Posts
If i were you i wouldnt get either. I would tell the guy that its not really worth buying right now to save up to get a new motherboard and start off with some 64bit. Its going to save him money in the long run. (just my overall opinion i have no clue what he is using it for)

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaster

My cousin wants a better processor.Whats better a 3200xp or a 3200 sempron?It has to be socket A.I cant get him to spend the money on a complete upgrade yet.

For socketA you can't go past the ATHLON XP in the BARTON core both 333MHz & 400MHz in fsb. The only better core is the ATHLON XP-M in 2500+ & 2600+ 1.35-1.45v versions

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.