Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a low profile pci ex graphics card but i was wondering if i could use a full size one. I have seen you can get brackets for some fullsize cards so can i do it or will i have to watch out which one i get and it would save me a bit because low profile ones are more expensive because they are not many about

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
low profiles are generally really bad if u want to game imo

the 5570 low profile 1 GB GDDR3 which I have isn't too bad

I play BC2 with everything on mediume xecpet texture which is on high, MSAA is x2 and AAF is X1 and i get 20-25 FPS avergae only dipping to 10 FPS with alot of heavy action

if you want somethign good yet cheap

i highly recommend the MSI 5770 Hawk which is full height, DX11 and very futureproof

and if you have a X-Fire capable board, you can CFX in the future and get 5870 performance!

Just my 2 cents, I could only use low profile cause this was a factory pre-built my parents got

sucks i know

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is because my mums onboard video started to play up i think she snaped a pin inside the video connector on the back of the pc you can get it to work by holding it at a certain position so it dosent need to play games thats why i was wondering if i could chop a full hight graphics to make it a low profile one

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
what kind of gaming do you do?

light or wat?

the sapphire 5570 1 GB GDDR3 isn't bad as I stated before

i have it OC'd stable using MSI AB with unofficial OC'ing at 805/1055

Quote:
It is because my mums onboard video started to play up i think she snaped a pin inside the video connector on the back of the pc you can get it to work by holding it at a certain position so it dosent need to play games thats why i was wondering if i could chop a full hight graphics to make it a low profile one
only if it says low profile ready eg. 4350, 4550, 4650, 9600GT, 9800 GT, GTS250, 5570, 5450

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by teamwolf View Post
Then you can go with low profile

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just internet and light gaming like sims 3 and general games nothing that will put strain on the graphics card she dosent play much games just manly internet and the odd game like the sims but she cant do that with the onboard graphics she had

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATI RADEON HD2400 PRO is this ok it is a low profile one i am just wondering it is cheep and has any one had problems with this card

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
lol light gaming?

yeah imo should be fine make sure its from Sapphire though!

they're one of the most reliable companies for ATI cards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts