Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading one of the guides and saw that different RAM types did better in timers and stuff like that so I went to look at the kind of RAM that I had. It didnt have anything in big bold letters but all the little moduals on the RAM stick said samsung on them. I wanted to know, is this the make of the stick or am I looking in the wrong spot? I didnt get packaging with the stick because I buy my parts whole sale. I just got it in a static proof bag.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker
I was reading one of the guides and saw that different RAM types did better in timers and stuff like that so I went to look at the kind of RAM that I had. It didnt have anything in big bold letters but all the little moduals on the RAM stick said samsung on them. I wanted to know, is this the make of the stick or am I looking in the wrong spot? I didnt get packaging with the stick because I buy my parts whole sale. I just got it in a static proof bag.
You can download CPUZ from Cpuid.com and that will most likely identify your ram.

The samsung markings on the chips are no good for an indicator because there's many different memory manufacturers that use samsung mem chips.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
the print on the chips is the maker of the chips themselves, not the ram. there should be a sticker around there somewhere its on either side

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oki, Ill try that site. Thanks
I poped out the RAM again and took another look at it. All thats on it is a "Your warinty expires if you remove this sticker" sticker. Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
download "everest home edition" (google it) and install it. It will tell you everything, under the motherboard tab and click on the button that says SPD. It will tell you exactly what it is.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
download "everest home edition" (google it) and install it. It will tell you everything, under the motherboard tab and click on the button that says SPD. It will tell you exactly what it is.
yup its at www.lavalys.com its awsum...it tells everthing about your comp...my fav!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, Ill try the later out. Thanks for all the suggestions

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
just thought Id throw this in here, not every mobo will alow software to detect ram brand and serial#

my MSI is one for example. no matter what software I use it wont show a brand and says there is no serial#

1 - 10 of 10 Posts