Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so that fugger guy has like quad cascade phase change, right? whats the point if his temps are like 1000 below 0. i mean, does it make a diff compared to like a mach II or anything?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

ok, so that fugger guy has like quad cascade phase change, right? whats the point if his temps are like 1000 below 0. i mean, does it make a diff compared to like a mach II or anything?

A mach II is nothing compared to his cooling system. The lower you go in temperatures the more efficient the cpu is. It will even require less voltage to get to the desired speed than it would with higher temps.

In electronics the higher the temps the more the atoms vibrate and this vibrations disrupts the flow of electrons which causes resistance(no good).

So the lower your temps the less the atoms in your cpu vibrate which the doesnt disrupt the flow of electrons so you have no resistance which is why the cpu becomes more efficient and can work higher clocks @ less voltage.

Yiffy explained some of this to me awhile back and I reasearched it a bit more... (Just giving credit)

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, but what would the voltage matter? that only screws w/ temps, right?
nm, i guess i just didnt read ur whole post on accident

i get it now

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

ok, but what would the voltage matter? that only screws w/ temps, right?

When you're overclocking you get to a point where more voltage is not the answer to get higher clock speeds (it just doesnt do anything)... You need to go subzero for the cpu to be able to keep going, and the lower the temps, the higher you'll be able to go provided that your ram and rest of the hardware is up for it.

And voltage doesnt just screw with temps... Voltage is the energy the cpu needs to work @ a set clockspeed. Like gas for a car... You go faster you go the more gas you'll eat up. So the more clockspeed you want, the more juice (voltage) the cpu will need (but then there's that point I told you about before.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts