Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, is this for real? Or is it just a prank on the Internet? Do they really get you addicted and feel stuff like real drugs?

I'm thinking it's just a prank but I dunno...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,051 Posts
lol do they get you addicted...

Is that the main appeal and first desired effect of drugs these days?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,591 Posts
They're a great way to get a thumping headache and waste time


But, seriously, I have tried and had no effect. That's not to say they don't work on some folk.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
32,930 Posts
It's no more of a drug than AKIMbO's avatar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, didn't think it was for real...

However, I tried it just now, and like alex98uk, didn't have any effect on me... It seems like a waste of time, and maybe it's actually all in people's heads that it actually "works", but I dunno...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
They're a great way to get a thumping headache and waste time


But, seriously, I have tried and had no effect. That's not to say they don't work on some folk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaiZ51 View Post
Wow, didn't think it was for real...

However, I tried it just now, and like alex98uk, didn't have any effect on me... It seems like a waste of time, and maybe it's actually all in people's heads that it actually "works", but I dunno...

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post
It's a placebo. It's not real, and just gave me headaches.

Gay.
This xD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
I dunno, I'm pretty sure a placebo can't almost give you a full body orgasm. The ecstasy one is great. You just gotta close your eyes and lay down and listen. I also think some work better than others, and it probably just doesn't even work on some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by computeruler
View Post

I dunno, I'm pretty sure a placebo can't almost give you a full body orgasm. The ecstasy one is great. You just gotta close your eyes and lay down and listen. I also think some work better than others, and it probably just doesn't even work on some.

Trust me people are nuts. The placebo effect can do almost anything.


This is only a money grab. Any effect from this is a placebo effect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,030 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by computeruler
View Post

Well I'm going to listen to it again sometime telling myself it's not going to work. Lets see what happens.

The issue is that the placebo effect doesn't work that way. You would need a double blind study to do a proper test.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
Binaural beats will only work to entrain brain waves to various frequency ranges (ex beta, alpha, theta, etc). This can have noticable effects on things such as your alertness, sleepiness, etc. but it will not work to reproduce drug effect.

Somebody probably just took a study that showed what frequencies people's brain waves were at while under the influence of different drugs and tried to mimic those frequencies. Obviously the brain is much too complex to recreate a drug trip via stereo audio output alone, but the stereo audio output can help entrain the overall state of mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
Does it work? According to people I know, it does to some extent, but things like weed or booze effects won't have the same effect, nor the same strength as the real deal.

Will it get you addicted? Physically, no. Mentally... Well, we can get mentally addicted to anything, really. Look at the effects that video games can have on some people. So, yes, you can possibly get addicted to it, but only if you very specifically let it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top