Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to overclock. This site has been awesome! I've been researching on how to overclock the RAM, CPU, and GPU.

I'm still a beginner to many of the things, however, with Overclock's help and all of you I have been able to stabilize my CPU to 3.7GHz.

Check it out, lemme know what you all think:

Update.

Here are the official results for my latest stress test @ 3.70GHz:

Just oc'd my processor, this is my 1st time, and I think they were pretty nice numbers.
Used Prime95 for about 8 hours.
Temperatures ranged in between 26C-55C.

Core 2 Duo E6850
3.00GHz - 3.70GHz
Hyperthread?
411MHz FSB
9x
Conroe
Batch?
1.432V
MSI Platinum P35 MS-7345
Corsair H50 cooler (watercooled) with 2x 120mm fans for Push/Pull technique; 3x 80mm fans; 1x 120mm intake fan.
4GB G.Skill DDR2-800
Prime95 version 25.11

Check it out:

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Nice oc for the 1st time.

Welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's up everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to post, but since I am fairly new to all this I post up some updates.

Also, if this is the wrong section to post, please re-direct me, thanks.

Update:
I currently purchased a few new items:
*Intel X25-M 80gb
*Complete water cool/loop set
*Switched from gtx 480 to gtx 295

What you see on my sig. rig below is what's currently in my casing. However, for the exception that I no longer will have the Corsair h50, and hoping I can sell it to someone that would like to purchase a new cpu cooler.

Enjoy the pics in the attachments. Let me know what you guys think.

I am sort of thinking of doing an i7 platform with the 930, but won't be doing that maybe until July. I have a Vegas and Cancun trip coming up. And I already went nuts shopping this past weekend, lol.
It was either purchasing an ssd & water cooling kit, or swapping for an i7 platform. I chose the 2 components over the platform. Ehhh...at least the new parts will be compatible.

LL
LL

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,025 Posts
Well, here's a late welcome. Also, you could technically post that here, it would need to be in your first post though. You would be better off posting here though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBalll
View Post

Well, here's a late welcome. Also, you could technically post that here, it would need to be in your first post though. You would be better off posting here though.

Sorry, I just did a few hours ago. Here's the link:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-build...-progress.html

Funny though, I have over 100+ views already on that thread, but no comments...
lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts