Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a new theme for my firefox, and stumbled across this theme stuff. How long has this been going on?

Anyways, I made one to go along with my background. Up at the transparent title bar and down at the transparent menu bar, the persona just kinda flows into the background.

I thought it was kinda neat, anyways.
LL

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
I'm not sure on exactly how long it's been out, but I've personally used it for at least three or four months.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
I've been using Fractal Flame. I like it because all the text stays 100% readable. It just adds a cool flare.

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
Using Stylish with some custom theme black:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I love personas but I HATE the way they implemented them into Firefox 3.6. Personas was available before 3.6 with an add-on and you can use it in conjunction with a standard theme to get a real nice effect. Once they added built-in persona support in 3.6 they removed support for the old themes so personas is the only way to customize your fox. Plus, the personas rotator add-on doesn't work in 3.6. I'm using firefox 3.5.8 with the Vista Red theme and personas rotator changing personas every 10 seconds. Looks very nice!

P.S. I only downloaded 3.6 once when it was first launched and because of the things I said above I went back to 3.5 so by now they may have changed 3.6 or updated personas rotator to work with it. Either way though 3.6 doesn't do anything that 3.5 doesn't do so as far as I'm concered there's no real reason for me to switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts