Overclock.net banner

Whats wrong with my new 450? Based on gf116?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  liamstears 
#1 ·
I have 2 palit gts 450's, one is fine bios flashed to 930 core and no probs at all.

The new one I cant seem to do anything with. nvflash cant find it, msi afterburner cant change the voltage and gpu-z has some areas greyed out and also has cuda and directcompute 5.0 boxes unchecked.

See gpuz:

hq7.png

This is a big pain as I wanted to flash this card to 930 aswell but I just dont seem to be able to do anything with it.

Ive tested both sli and on its own....

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm running to the same issues than you, sort of on my three MSI GTS 450 cards. I can modify volts and i see all info on GPU-Z, but NiBiTor and NVFlash can't find it. I want to hardwire these overclocks, both 2D and 3D but i still can't.

#5 ·
I think ive worked it all out.

Got it running at 930 easy just had to do it slightly different. Booted into dos to backup the firmware then when opening in NiBiTor it said it wasnt supported so I changed the device to a gts 450 and saved the bios then when opening back up I was able to edit the clocks and voltage to get it running how I want it.

I think all this strange behavior though is because this card isn't running on a gf106 chip, my original is but after taking the sink of my new one the chip is actually a gf116

Are they suppose to use a gf116? Will this affect my sli although sli seems fine? I thought gf116 was 550 based cards and gf106 was 450??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.