Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to posting here, but I've been lurking for a bit, anyhoo on to the problem...

These are the scores: 3Dmark03 = 3259... 3Dmark05 = waste of time

What is the cause of the poor results (or any ideas), and with my setup what results should I be realistically aiming for?
(setup specs are down below)

Are there any tweaks/additional overclocking that I should be doing? If there are parts of my system that should be replaced what are they?

Big thanks for any info that you guys can give me
and if there is any more info I need to provide then please let me know...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am new to building computers, so I don't know where I went wrong with my 1st try here (I am 100% sure that everything is assembled correctly) Here's what I got:

Mobo: Asus P4C800 Deluxe... board rev. 1.03, BIOS rev. 1019
AGP Revision 3.0
Rate 4x, 8x (8x enabled)
Aperture Size 256 MB
Sideband Addressing supported (enabled)
Fast Write supported (enabled)

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (running at 3.52GHz with AI 10% overclock feature and "Turbo" set in the BIOS)

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
VGA Memory Clock 931.5 MHz
VGA Core Clock 2D clock = 300.9 MHz 3D clock = 489MHz
Total Local Video Memory 256 MB
Total Local Texture Memory 256 MB
Total AGP Memory 128 MB
Driver File nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version 4.4.0.3

Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Memory: slots 1-2 = 2x512, slots 3-4 = 2x256, all PC3200 (not sure of manufacturer)

HD: Maxtor 200gb 7200RPM SATA

Ethernet controller, 6-in-one card reader, floppy drive, MSI TV-tuner card, CD burner/DVD drive, CD/DVD burner, plenty of air cooling added (Jet fan on CPU, case fans, modded cooldrive4, all in a Thermaltake V2000A case)

OS: Windows XP, set to performance with themes turned off)

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
its your video card thats holding you back. Those are normal scores with that setup. 3d mark 03 and 05 are very demading on your graphics card. 5900 ultra doesnt cut it with 05. If you want better results get a 6600gt or a 6800gt. Thats the only way to better those scores.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well, you don't need to do a drastic upgrade in the graphics department.. Even my 9800pro (flashed XT) pulls in just below 3000 05 points.. But benchmarks don't matter.. its how you feel its running games on the highest settings.. Upgrading to impress a benchmark utility.. thats just silly..
lol

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Well, you don't need to do a drastic upgrade in the graphics department.. Even my 9800pro (flashed XT) pulls in just below 3000 05 points.. But benchmarks don't matter.. its how you feel its running games on the highest settings.. Upgrading to impress a benchmark utility.. thats just silly..
lol

Better benchmarks = better gameplay at higher resolutions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts