Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while having both GPU and monitor supporting the DisplayPort, I've always been using the HDMI. Today I tryed the DisplayPort for first time with my GTX 780 and ASUS PB278Q monitor, all worked fine, but then I took a nap and when I woke up, I kept getting "DisplayPort no signal" error. So I google the error with my mobile, see a video that says to unplug the monitor - wait 10 seconds - plug it back, and it worked...

Now, I'm left wondering if this is due to NVIDIA, the monitor, the cable or what exactly? I don't wanna be hot-plugging the monitor for the rest of my life, so I may just go back to HDMI if this is a persistent issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Really common problem on nvidia with DP. I usually try plugging the monitor to a different port on the GPU, or if all fails, restart the computer. It seems the GPU can't detect the monitor from the cold start over DP or something, needs to be a warm boot. Had this sort of an issue with 2 monitors and different nvidia videocards.

·
New001
2,668 Posts
What drivers are you running? I've got 2x 780 Ti's with 3 monitors connected, 2x DVI-DualLink and 1x DP. I think I recall having this issue once very long ago, but have never encountered it again in the last 2 years or so. I think I've been keeping drivers up to date during that time and the system has been through various states (all the C states are enabled, sleep is enabled in windows, etc) and resume fine.
The only thing I have disabled is Hibernation; is that by chance where you are having the issue?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What drivers are you running? I've got 2x 780 Ti's with 3 monitors connected, 2x DVI-DualLink and 1x DP. I think I recall having this issue once very long ago, but have never encountered it again in the last 2 years or so. I think I've been keeping drivers up to date during that time and the system has been through various states (all the C states are enabled, sleep is enabled in windows, etc) and resume fine.
The only thing I have disabled is Hibernation; is that by chance where you are having the issue?
The problem seems to have disappeared, but I didn't do anything besides a clean install of the latest NVIDIA drivers. I thought it could be due to the Windows stand-by mode, but then I stayed afk for hours and when I came back to PC everything was still working, so I think it was just an isolated case? The cable shouldn't be bad, since it's a BizLink provided directly from ASUS with the monitor. Anyway, I read a lot of cases of people complaining about this problem or similar ones like DisplayPort resetting all icons on desktop if you are using multi-monitor. But apparently NVIDIA has recently fixed also that with a firmware update: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts