Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up my new computer yesterday and the guys at the comp store told me that they power off and then on and it goes straight into windows. But if they do a simple restart, and it seems to chug and chug and chug. Are they just full of it cause they aren't done, or if they aren't full of it, why would it be doing that? Please let me know what you guys think. I turn yet again to the best forum around for help.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Protege73

I went to pick up my new computer yesterday and the guys at the comp store told me that they do a hard boot and it goes straight into windows. But if they do a soft boot, and it seems to chug and chug and chug. Are they just full of it cause they aren't done, or if they aren't full of it, why would it be doing that? Please let me know what you guys think. I turn yet again to the best forum around for help.

Hey well to be honest im not sure what you are asking as you havent worded your question all that well or im not getting what your saying.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd check the RAM in that situation... Sounds like it might not be clearing the buffer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ty, I kinda went off on them yesterday since they should have been done days ago and there always seems to be something else wrong. The guy says, that is the thing with a custom built, you never know what problems you might run into. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I cannot believe you trusted them with your baby. Thats a nice rig!

Probably only needed a bios reflash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts