Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Wow, I'll be lucky to get 2000 KB/s.

I would say I average at around 1000 KB/s.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
DOCSiS 3.0 is supposedly coming to my town I should have 50mbps speeds available soon. Conveniently when the City of Omaha is lobbying for Google Fiber. Not trying to protect the monopoly, nope, not Cox.

Anyways:

Right now at 5 PM. Not bad for the fact that due to a glitch in the system I get the highest speed, but pay for the 2nd tier.

·
15,777 Posts
10/5

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman5
View Post

DOCSiS 3.0 is supposedly coming to my town I should have 50mbps speeds available soon. Conveniently when the City of Omaha is lobbying for Google Fiber. Not trying to protect the monopoly, nope, not Cox.

Anyways:

Right now at 5 PM. Not bad for the fact that due to a glitch in the system I get the highest speed, but pay for the 2nd tier.

I live in Omaha as well. Are they really installing DOCSiS 3.0 here? And does that mean Cox is going to have those 50 mbps speeds, or is that the google fiber they are lobbying for?

Edit:

Mmmmm, Dallas server is faster.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeePs
View Post

I live in Omaha as well. Are they really installing DOCSiS 3.0 here? And does that mean Cox is going to have those 50 mbps speeds, or is that the google fiber they are lobbying for?

Edit:

Mmmmm, Dallas server is faster.

I see commercials for it. Well, dumbed down commercials, they don't exactly say DOCSiS 3.0. Also, may I ask what plan you are on? If you don't mind saying.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman5
View Post

I see commercials for it. Well, dumbed down commercials, they don't exactly say DOCSiS 3.0. Also, may I ask what plan you are on? If you don't mind saying.

I'm on the second tiered plan as well, the one right below Premier. Planning on moving out soon and then I'll be getting myself the Premier.... see how much faster that is.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
View Post

xD

EDIT: Just hit 10MB/s! YAY!

It says u are grabbing from "localhost" that sounds like you are downloading from a server on your local network at home. And ummm 10 MB/s Megabytes a second doesn't sound right. Are you on 50mbps (megaBITS/per second) FIOS? Even that will probably only get you around 4 MB/s at best.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I usually get about 45mb/s doing speed tests if no one else is using my wifi. Right now there are 2 laptops on it...im getting about 35mb/s

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAMD_Fan
View Post

It says u are grabbing from "localhost" that sounds like you are downloading from a server on your local network at home. And ummm 10 MB/s Megabytes a second doesn't sound right. Are you on 50mbps (megaBITS/per second) FIOS? Even that will probably only get you around 4 MB/s at best.

localhost because I'm using giganews accelerator which connects to giganews and turns on SSL

I'm on 100mbps university network

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

View Post

localhost because I'm using giganews accelerator which connects to giganews and turns on SSL

I'm on 100mbps university network

Sweet! That is some fast internet..... That accelerator must speed up the download 10 MB/s is really really fast.... But i guess i have about 20mbps and get around 1.5MB/s if i'm lucky, so i guess that is more than 5x faster:
me: 20mbps download, gets 1.5MB/s
you: 100mbps download, gets 10MB/s
Righteous!

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAMD_Fan
View Post

Sweet! That is some fast internet..... That accelerator must speed up the download 10 MB/s is really really fast.... But i guess i have about 20mbps and get around 1.5MB/s if i'm lucky, so i guess that is more than 5x faster:
me: 20mbps download, gets 1.5MB/s
you: 100mbps download, gets 10MB/s
Righteous!

Too bad they don't have 100mbps enabled on dorm/apartment jacks, only in classrooms

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Too bad they don't have 100mbps enabled on dorm/apartment jacks, only in classrooms

I guess you gotta get all your downloading out of the way DURING class!

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
My internet speedo is hovering somewhere between "DSL ERROR: LOL I'M DROWNING" and "Meh, there's half the 5mbit you're supposed to have, now go away you bother me"

·
Registered
350 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zidave
View Post

Wow, I hate you guys. In Los Angeles, Road Runner only gives up to 15 Mbits.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
There is a thread for this already...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts