Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering when might the release date be for the Zen3 refresh cpu's? Sold my 10900k setup and just wondering how long im gonna have to wait to purchase the cpu that will replace the 3950x... thanks for any insight

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Just wondering when might the release date be for the Zen3 refresh cpu's? Sold my 10900k setup and just wondering how long im gonna have to wait to purchase the cpu that will replace the 3950x... thanks for any insight

It's coming when it's coming. Aka no one knows ;) When it's here, you will know soon enough.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
thats real helpful.
Lol. Do you think someone that actually knows is gonna leak it to you? C'mon, man. You know you're being unreasonable asking us so don't give people a hard time when they can't answer you.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
up to 4 months at current amd news.
aka Nov/dec.

·
Registered
294 Posts
up to 4 months at current amd news.
aka Nov/dec.
I have to wonder just how firm even that time frame is though. Firstly, without the usual venues to make big product release announcements (CES and/or CompuTEx for instance) I don't think they can build the marketplace excitement that helps guarantee a successful launch. Enthusiasts may be waiting with bated breath but it's the rest of the consumer space that really makes for successful product launches. So secondly, as long as the current product stack remains competitive (or more specifically, the competition is struggling so painfully hard to remain competitive) why not keep pumping out Zen2 as long as you can.

·
Overclock the World
1,904 Posts
Magic balls says this year :)
Q4 this year, very surely not before the PS5 launch
same goes for anything RDNA2

·
Taking it Easy
4,065 Posts
AMD announced that it would be late this year, but nothing more specific than Q4. That's all we know for certain.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, just hoping its atleast this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts